Rain during muster on liberty of the seas

Does anyone know if Liberty of the Seas has it's muster outside if it's raining? The forecast is for thunderstorms the day we embark which is already a bummer but the thought of standing outside in the rain during muster is not giving me that party feeling I was hoping for.:confused:

Does anyone know if Liberty of the Seas has it's muster outside if it's raining? The forecast is for thunderstorms the day we embark which is already a bummer but the thought of standing outside in the rain during muster is not giving me that party feeling I was hoping for.:confused:

The muster deck is mostly covered. If the rain was bad enough to get people wet, they would move those muster stations inside.

I have been on other Freedom class ships when it was raining during muster. Rain did not change the location of the drill. At least deck 4, where the muster stations are located, is fairly protected from the rain. Maybe Liberty will do things differently but that is how it was on Independence.

Does anyone know if Liberty of the Seas has it's muster outside if it's raining? .:confused:

Arrive early for muster drill, and you will be lined up against the wall.

Later arrivals will be in front of you, so you will be more protected from the elements.

We had a cold front the morning of our January Vision cruise. It was about 35 and windy in Galveston. We chose to get to muster early for exactly that reason - so more passengers in front of us would block the cold wind.

But if it's raining while the ship is sinking you'll probably have to go outside. :D

I've always thought muster drill should be held at your lifeboat station, part of the reason for holding it there is that you know where it is if needed:)

The muster deck is mostly covered. If the rain was bad enough to get people wet, they would move those muster stations inside.
How could this be? Other people are already assigned to the inside areas. Once -- only once -- we were assigned to the theater for our muster drill.

But if it's raining while the ship is sinking you'll probably have to go outside. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677
Keep in mind that you don't go to your muster drill JUST if the ship is sinking.

I've never personally gone to the muster station for any reason except the drill ... but a friend of mine was sent to her muster spot TWICE in one cruise ... once because the ship was preparing to evacuate because of a fire in the kitchen, but they put it out in time /no one had to leave the ship ... second because a passenger was missing /believed overboard, and they needed to flush every passenger out from the cabins -- and they did find the missing person.

I've always thought muster drill should be held at your lifeboat station, part of the reason for holding it there is that you know where it is if needed:)
While this seems logical, it isn't true ... as I said, I was once assigned to the theater, and an above poster says he or she was assigned to the main dining room.

How could this be? Other people are already assigned to the inside areas. Once -- only once -- we were assigned to the theater for our muster drill. ...

Lots of indoor areas that are not assigned as permenent muster stations that they could use in a pinch.

See you on board!

Looks like less rain is predicted now!

We were on the Navigator out of Galveston, just two cruises before the Liberty took her place, and a tropical storm had crossed Mexico and was heading north to Galveston. The day we boarded the roads had flooded in places and it was raining torrentially. As the time for the muster drill drew near, they announced that passengers on the starboard side of the ship would be directed to an inside location, since the wind and rain were coming from that side of the ship. On the port side, they went to their muster stations. We were directed to the dining room.

We were on liberty last summer. Our muster station was in the main dining room.

We had a muster in the MDR once. The tables were set for dinner. People were playing with the flatware, napkins, drinking glasses, anything else they could get their hands on!

We had a muster in the MDR once. The tables were set for dinner. People were playing with the flatware, napkins, drinking glasses, anything else they could get their hands on!

Whenever I have attended Muster Drill in a MDR, the tables were draped with a cloth over the settings. Probably to prevent or curtail just the type of activity you witnessed.

I've never participated in a muster drill where we were not under some cover. Once in a Florida thunderstorm, it poured but we didn't get wet. The rain would have been welcome as it was 100 out and humidity 100.

We were at muster on Monarch once, outside on deck 7, when it started to rain hard and the wind was driving the rain right into us. The quickly moved us to the theater and continued the muster drill.

We were at muster on Monarch once, outside on deck 7, when it started to rain hard and the wind was driving the rain right into us. The quickly moved us to the theater and continued the muster drill.

That makes sense. Its just something we never really worried about. We show up, if its moved, we move. Seems extra to worry about pre cruise. I need to worry more about getting packed so the boss doesn't kill me. I like to wait to the last moment to pack. Doesn't take much for me.