Dressing up instead of down

Mslmesq

Same way......I dress up everyday for work. I find “dressing down” as part of my vacation.

So, dressing down isn’t something I do everyday either, but will do on vacation. I’ve said it many times before, not sure why it matters to others how I dress on vacation.

I certainly don’t mind people dressing up on a cruise and I certainly don’t want to impose my mode of dress on anyone else, either. I’m betting NCL feels the same.

A quote I once heard. I love it. "What other people think of me is none of my business."

I wasn't arguing for or against. I couldn't care less.

I was simply responding to the person who said people should do something they don't do all the time.

They seem to miss the fact that that's what many people are doing.

Again, to each his own.

I love to dress up. I do it every day. :D

Yes. And these days, as much as pax would like to "dress up",

we are somewhat limited by what baggage the airlines allow.

Edited by $hip$hape

I'll jump in here and say that putting on clothing in the evening is a push for us. Once we shower or shave or do our hair and me my face, the clothing is nothing.

It's the getting ready in the evening/for the evening that is the only change to the otherwise daily routine of getting ready for something, usually in the morning for us.

Edited by MizDemeanor

Love dressing up myself! Usually nothing too fancy, but I generally wear a sundress, or a nice little cocktail dress.

I've told my BF when we travel I really don't care what he wears to dinner but I'm dressing nice. If we are going specialty, he will usually dress to match me (in style, not hem length ;) lol).

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yup, we're in swimsuits, T-shirts, shorts all day, but dress smartly for dinner; we invariably eat in the specialty restaurants and are generally surrounded by people making a similar effort. After all, how often during a year do you get to take your wife/partner out for 'date-night' 7, 10, 11 nights in a row! My wife lives in riding breeches and a thin coating of horse-sh1t the other 51 weeks of the year and this is her chance to wear a nice dress and feel a little more special. She scrubs up delightfully, making me a very proud man as we walk to dinner or enjoy a cocktail.

It's kinda sad (to me) that so many in the world these days seem to put so much effort into "what's the least I can get away with" and "can I get away with ignoring this simple guideline"... When this is such a wonderful opportunity to make an effort, do something you don't do all the time and enjoy the results.

Dress up, I'll notice!

"People will stare, make it worth their while" - Harry Winston

I enjoyed your reply.

Edited by leekel619

I don't dress up on NCL cruises as I do on more formal, but still I sometimes wear cocktail dresses, and usually nicer chiffon pants and nice top.

Most evening restaurants are nice so why not?

I usually dress up when going out to dinner (I do that here at home when I go out too). So I always dress up, not down... Yes it's freestyle, that's the beauty of NCL, I just prefer to wear something nice that's all.
I think it adds to the experience.

One of the things we love about cruising is dressing up for dinner, so yes, we will be in nicer clothing....and if we manage to lose a few pounds before our next cruise, DH will be back in his tux! It gives our cruise a special flair. And we find that we love having cruise pix around the house as remembrances, so being nicely dressed is icing on the cake!

Enjoy the NCL experience where it is up to everyone to wear what THEY like. As long as it is not dirty or without a modicum of decorum, why should I care what others are wearing?

It depends what each persons definition of dress up is. I certainly don’t spend the evening in shorts and tshirt like I’ve seen many do. I shower, change into an evening outfit, it’s not formal wear but it’s definitely how I’d dress up for an evening out in the city

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dress however you want. How you feel is entirely up to you.

Originally posted by Mslmesq:

"Everything i read on here is about dressing casually.

What about dressing up? I enjoy dressing up on vacation.

Does anyone on ncl dress up, or will I feel out of place?

I’m not talking about formal attire, but nice dresses or
jumpsuits
that I would wear to a night club or something."

I, for one, will try not to be distracted. LOL

sexy-disco-jumpsuit.jpg

Edited by $hip$hape

While my wife was alive I would dress up to match her because she enjoyed it.

Now I cruise with my older son who hates dressing up so I don’t either, don’t want him to feel awkward.

I wore suits and ties half my life to work so I am quite comfortable with not having to on a cruise.

I always appreciated a nice outfit on any woman and still do, so basically do what ever makes you feel happy and enjoy your cruise.

Pam and I tend to overdress. We are usually one of a handful of guests who actually wear tux and gown for Norwegian’s Night Out. I figure that since I own tuxedos, why not put them to use?

There are often many ladies who we see wearing nice dresses in the evening. Usually the women are better dressed than the men in our experience.

Of course, there will also be a fair number of people in t shirts, shorts, and flip flops so as long as you don’t mind being the best dressed person in your area you’ll be fine!

I own a tux and have brought it on a few cruises. It all depends upon where we are and what else we’re doing. If there’s room, I’ll bring it because it makes DW very happy.

We dress for dinner every night. Not gowns, but long summer dresses. It is something we enjoy about cruising. You will see a lot of nicely dressed women at night!

This, I cruise with my sister and we love the MDR and fancy clothes.

You will look nice dressed up. Some people wear jeans and tee shirt at night and like idiots.

I have seen people in jeans and T shirts look far better than ones all dressed up.

You can put whatever clothes you want on a pig and it still oinks in the end.

A gorgeous woman will still turn heads whether she is in a cocktail dress or faded blue jeans.

I have seen people in jeans and T shirts look far better than ones all dressed up.

You can put whatever clothes you want on a pig and it still oinks in the end.

A gorgeous woman will still turn heads whether she is in a cocktail dress or faded blue jeans.

I agree...I find attractive women (including my wife :) ) very appealing in sweats and a t-shirt.

Maybe it is because I work in tech but it isn't the norm to dress beyond business casual (and even that is rare). In Seattle during football season you are properly dressed for literally any restaurant in town wearing a Seahawks jersey and jeans.