Summit Aqua Class

Bright1

This is our first Celebrity Cruise and we're in Aqua Class in June of this year. Looking for tips and advice. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Dining in Aqua is open and you may dine whenever you wish during the open hours (which will be listed in your Celebrity Today. They do not take, nor will you need reservations. On the first day on board you will receive a card in your room with a dining time for that evening, but that is a suggestion only and you may go whenever you wish.

My DH loves the escargot that he enjoyed in the MDR, and was happy to know it's available in Blu as well. Because of the smaller size of Blu they are more easily able to accommodate special orders as well (within reason;))

There is also a discount for specialty dining the first evening especially for Aqua Class guests, so if you're interested in that, it's a good night to take advantage of the opportunity. We often do and avoid the first night disorganization in any dining room caused by a whole new group of passengers finding their way.

The service is lovely in Blu. The breakfasts were a pleasant surprise the first time we booked it. I'm a fan of the big breakfast variety offered in the Ocean View Café (buffet) but pretty much anything you want can be had in Blu, and it's served in a lovely, relaxing atmosphere that makes a wonderful start to the day. Enjoy! If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

The Aqua Class cabins receive a bottle of bubbly in your stateroom. It used to be there on embarkation day, but the last year or two you have to ask your stateroom attendant to bring it when you want it. We trade ours for a bottle of Prosecco, which we prefer, or for a nice bottle of red wine. We also ask that the afternoon savories delivered to our room be changed for a cheese plate, fruit plate or shrimp cocktail.

Edited by Luvcrusn
Addition

I don't know your cabin location, but my best advice would be to book one of the cabins on Deck 11 if available. These are newer cabins that were added when the ship was upgraded (also known as 'solsticized') some time ago. They are much more private and quiet in general. Two exceptions: If you book one of the aft facing ones, you get a much larger balcony and a great view of the wake, but may have some noise from the back bars. It bothers some, but most love these cabins for their balconies. Also, when you sit out on your balcony there might be some noise from movies playing above you. We have never found it to be anything but a muffled background noise and it never bothered us but wanted to mention it.

We love the locations of these rooms and always pick them if available. The area is more secluded, and you have very easy access to the rear elevators. You also are very close to the buffet area if you want to grab a quick bite for lunch, or a coffee in the morning. Two other points on these cabins - they have no overhang above them so you get lots of sun (pros and cons to that), and you get a great view of the stars in the sky. Also, the side balconies vary in size from a little bit smaller than normal to a little bit bigger - if that matters to you then you need to do some research as to which is which.

Thank you so much. I didn’t know very much about Aqua. Can you tell me about the Spa Terrace?

Irene

I'm not sure what you mean. If you're referring to the Aqua Spa Café in the Solarium, that is not exclusive to Aqua Class. It is available for free to all passengers, however, many are confused by the name.

Thank you so much. I didn’t know very much about Aqua. Can you tell me about the Spa Terrace?

Irene

If Spa Terrace means the spa area, I would warn you not to be sold by the pictures of the spa online. Those pictures are for the spa on S class ships. The spas on M class are not as fancy, and none of those wonderful heated loungers. There is, however, a much nicer adults only pool area with a thalassotherapy pool which is wonderful and much nicer than the pool on S class IMHO. it is open to all adults (and sometimes for a few hours per day for kids depending on where you are cruising)

How funny. My TA cited access to the Spa Terrace as a benefit.

We’re on Deck 9 as we were upgraded after final payment. I would have preferred deck 11 if it were an option.

You do have access to the spa area that has the steam room and so on. That is something not open to anyone without paying (except Elite and above Captains Club members get one day of access per cruise on a port day, and perhaps some suites, not sure about that). The pool area is open to anyone.

We’re on Deck 9 as we were upgraded after final payment. I would have preferred deck 11 if it were an option.

Your TA must have meant the Persian Gardens. While I agree that PG on M-Class ships like the Summit don't look as spectacular as the ones on S-Class ships, they are worth checking out. Instead of the the tile loungers on S-Class, there is a heated stone bench with a nice curve to fit your back - a rolled towel, readily available on a nearby shelf, is good for making your head comfy. So, you're sitting instead of reclining but you're still relaxing. I think that the sauna, steam and inhalation rooms are far nicer on the Summit. Since it doesn't have the eye appeal of the other version, people don't tend to plant themselves on a lounger for an extended period and it's much less crowded.

I don't know your cabin location, but my best advice would be to book one of the cabins on Deck 11 if available. These are newer cabins that were added when the ship was upgraded (also known as 'solsticized') some time ago. They are much more private and quiet in general. Two exceptions: If you book one of the aft facing ones, you get a much larger balcony and a great view of the wake, but may have some noise from the back bars. It bothers some, but most love these cabins for their balconies. Also, when you sit out on your balcony there might be some noise from movies playing above you. We have never found it to be anything but a muffled background noise and it never bothered us but wanted to mention it.

We love the locations of these rooms and always pick them if available. The area is more secluded, and you have very easy access to the rear elevators. You also are very close to the buffet area if you want to grab a quick bite for lunch, or a coffee in the morning. Two other points on these cabins - they have no overhang above them so you get lots of sun (pros and cons to that), and you get a great view of the stars in the sky. Also, the side balconies vary in size from a little bit smaller than normal to a little bit bigger - if that matters to you then you need to do some research as to which is which.

The A-1 cabins are on Deck 11 we had 1101 and I was so excited to get this cabin but... it was terrible the issue was from cabins 1117 to 1101 they run food service carts late afternoon and evening from a service elevator down the hall to take food supplies from the kitchen to Qsine which was added. It was carts and the door leading to the outside right next to my cabin opening and slamming shut non stop The other issue is you only have access to the A-1cabins from the Aft. Elevator without having to walk outside. I think you are lucky to be on deck 9 in an A-2.

We love the Summit and have cruised both Aqua/Blu and Veranda/MDR on her. We much prefer an A2 on the 9th deck because of the wonderful large overhang. Even in pouring rain we could use our balcony. The deck 11 cabins get tons of sun - too much for us!

The A-1 cabins are on Deck 11 we had 1101 and I was so excited to get this cabin but... it was terrible the issue was from cabins 1117 to 1101 they run food service carts late afternoon and evening from a service elevator down the hall to take food supplies from the kitchen to Qsine which was added. It was carts and the door leading to the outside right next to my cabin opening and slamming shut non stop The other issue is you only have access to the A-1cabins from the Aft. Elevator without having to walk outside. I think you are lucky to be on deck 9 in an A-2.

Have stayed in that general area (but not cabin 1101) multiple times and never, ever had that issue. That would be annoying. Perhaps you only hear it if you are the cabin right by the door. The other 'issue' to me is not an issue at all, but everyone has different considerations.

On the S class, the very front of Deck 12 has loungers looking out to sea, and it is called the Spa Veranda, perhaps that is what your TA meant. Unfortunately, the M class does not have them.

Not to be argumentative but I’ve been in Aqua many times on S and M class ships. I’ve never heard anything called “spa terrace” On S class ships there is a relaxation room at the front of the ship, a very quiet and serene place with a nice view of the front. I’ve never been carded there to see if I was Aqua class though.

The Persian gardens are nice on S class, less so on M class. The rest of the spa areas are open to everyone but mostly provide paid services.

Not to be argumentative but I’ve been in Aqua many times on S and M class ships. I’ve never heard anything called “spa terrace” On S class ships there is a relaxation room at the front of the ship, a very quiet and serene place with a nice view of the front. I’ve never been carded there to see if I was Aqua class though.

The Persian gardens are nice on S class, less so on M class. The rest of the spa areas are open to everyone but mostly provide paid services.

If you're referring to my post about the "Spa Veranda", it is on the X deck plans on Deck 12, one floor above the Relaxation Lounge on Deck 11. That might have been what her TA got mixed up with the M class.

I checked Celebrity’s website. It is the Persian Garden Spa Lounge. Is this near the pool on the outside?

It's forward of the Solarium Pool, which is enclosed. Exit the pool near the forward stairs/elevator lobby on the starboard side and you'll see the entrance to the Spa. Check in at the spa desk and they'll direct you to Persian Gardens. As mentioned before, on M-Class ships, PG is totally indoors with no outside view.

Have stayed in that general area (but not cabin 1101) multiple times and never, ever had that issue. That would be annoying. Perhaps you only hear it if you are the cabin right by the door. The other 'issue' to me is not an issue at all, but everyone has different considerations.

I should have added to my post what I liked about deck 11. It has fewer cabins and we could just walk out to the pool deck area forward and it was great to go down to the Ocean View Bar and grab a drink while my wife was getting ready for dinner. The aft elevator lets you out right at Blu. If I was given a free upgrade from A2 to A1 I would take it but only aft or one of the even numbed cabins. Our next cruise we have an A2 cabin midship on deck 9. Aqua class is worth it for Blu if nothing else.

The Hansgrohe shower panel is an enhanced shower fixture with more spigots.

With few exceptions like rather than a leather key holder, you get a rubber one that sticks to the back of your phone, there is no personalized stationery, and I don't know about shoe shine service, this link gives you a list of the Aqua Class enhancements.

http://www.celebritycruisedestinations.com/celebrity-equinox-aquaclass.html

Not mentioned are that you also get a bigger selection of things from room service, an umbrella in your room, and mini binoculars.

All in all, Aqua Class has many benefits. Blu, however, is probably the best one of all. I loved it so much, I didn't feel the need to pay extra for specialty dining as often. Know that on M class ships like Summit because the kitchens are shared, you can order from the main dining room menu as well in Blu. We would typically ask for both menus and order between both to get the best of both worlds.

I hope you like it as much as we did. We sailed on Summit in January and cancelled our pending cruise to rebook with Celebrity in Aqua because it was so awesome compared to Carnival and Princess. 69305ba4cfe4e543984c1378ee3e8bbb.jpg

Another thing about Aqua class we didn't know about, but we will do on our next cruise is that you can order specific fresh fruit from your attendant for your room if you don't like the apples.

You can also stop the daily canapes completely or order specific things like cheese and crackers or shrimp cocktail to be delivered to your room mid afternoon before dinner. Sometimes the canapes are weird and you can't eat them with your fingers, so knowing that you can change the default is good to know.

They may not have a bottle of champagne in your room upon embarkation, but you can tell your attendant when you want it. It's Celebrity house branded California sparkling wine which I've read you can either request Prosecco as a substitute or just take the bottle to a bar and exchange it for a bottle of house red or white.

For future reference since you could easily get hooked on an Aqua class cabin.....

The mediocre sparkling wine can also be exchanged in Blu. The last time we did so we got a $28 credit toward a bottle of our choice. If you do not consume a full bottle the wine steward will cap it and bring it to your table the next evening.

Cabin locations are always important. Aqua cabins on deck 9 could be under the pool deck but the best are aft of 9108 on the starboard side and its corresponding cabin on the port side. These are under the carpeted Windjammer.

The deck 11 port and starboard Aqua cabins do have shallow overhangs and the size of the balconies also vary. The extended balconies are on the aft 1138 to 1141 with 1140 having the largest balcony.

We have stayed in most of the Aqua areas and are perfectly content with deck 9 (aft of 9108) on some itineraries. If you are considering a Panama Canal itinerary, Venice, Norwegian Fjords or Alaska (with a stop at Hoonah - Icy Straits) I highly recommend a deck 11 aft.

Generally the maitre 'd will not ask if you are willing to dine with others but if you wish to share a table it can be arranged. The majority of the tables are four tops and are fairly close. Aqua class patrons have first choice but suite passengers can also dine in Blu if there is space. Generally that will be a later in the evening.

No one mentioned the faulty doors on the showers. It's a design flaw and no doubt your shower will leak. Your steward definitely knows there will be water and wet towels in your bath. Just don't want you to think it is your fault.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!!