How fast is Voom

How fast is the Voom service. Just fast enough for emails or enough for videos?.

VOOM Surf & Stream is supposed to work with streaming standard definition video, but quality depends on load.

FYI - the WiFi signal is not so good on some balconies.

Plus, if there is a Royal ship parked next to you, be prepared to get connected to their WiFi. You will know this if you keep getting an error when you enter your access code or login credentials.

Edited by Host Clarea

Thanks for the heads up. Since we are at the back of the ship, we are probably hosed.

Simply moving a few feet closer toward the hallway (where the WiFi routers are typically installed) can fix the issue.

Simply moving a few feet closer toward the hallway (where the WiFi routers are typically installed) can fix the issue.

I'm at the very end of a hall, but I'll bring a wifi amplifier and extender just in case it may help.

Plus, if there is a Royal ship parked next to you, be prepared to get connected to their WiFi. You will know this if you keep getting an error when you enter your access code or login credentials.

Yes, that one threw me off for couple minutes until I figured it out...

Speeds can vary depending on satellite position.

Last August on Grandeur, we were getting 5 MBPS down speeds. But pings were over 1/4 second. So streaming was OK, some some websites were very slow to load due to the number of calls they made to get pieces. Amazon was one.

We also lost wifi for several hours due to sat position.