How does Voom / Device set up work

How does the initial set up work for devices? If we purchased for one device.. do you have to register it initially? Or can you change it daily (still only one device per day)? Trying to figure out the best plan for our family. Worth getting more than 1? Will have 2 littles, so we may need Netflix at some point lol. Plus staying in touch on board. TIA!

How does the initial set up work for devices? If we purchased for one device.. do you have to register it initially? Or can you change it daily (still only one device per day)? Trying to figure out the best plan for our family. Worth getting more than 1? Will have 2 littles, so we may need Netflix at some point lol. Plus staying in touch on board. TIA!

You get a login prompt and enter your access code. Once you logoff, you can use the same access code on any number of different devices as long as only 1 (or however many devices your package covers) is logged in at one time.

You get a login prompt and enter your access code. Once you logoff, you can use the same access code on any number of different devices as long as only 1 (or however many devices your package covers) is logged in at one time.

Thanks as always, Bob!!!:)

Another question on internet packages.... it says the price in the cruise planner is discounted but we are Diamond due to our Captains Club Elite status so we should get some discount for that if we buy a package...so can I get the early purchase discount AND the Diamond discount? If so how do I do it? Thanks in advance.

Another question on internet packages.... it says the price in the cruise planner is discounted but we are Diamond due to our Captains Club Elite status so we should get some discount for that if we buy a package...so can I get the early purchase discount AND the Diamond discount? If so how do I do it? Thanks in advance.

Your Diamond discount can only be used for onboard purchases.

Hi Bob- I purchased a Voom+soda package for myself. After reading these messages, I guess that my family can share the internet access. However, now my doctor has told me "no soda". At first I was going to ask at onboard services (once I got on the ship) if they would switch the soda package to one of my granddaughters. However, now I am wondering if it would be smarter to cancel the package and rebook it in one of the granddaughter's names and not have to worry about whether or not they would switch it for me. What do you think?

Thanks,

Kathy

Hi Bob- I purchased a Voom+soda package for myself. After reading these messages, I guess that my family can share the internet access. However, now my doctor has told me "no soda". At first I was going to ask at onboard services (once I got on the ship) if they would switch the soda package to one of my granddaughters. However, now I am wondering if it would be smarter to cancel the package and rebook it in one of the granddaughter's names and not have to worry about whether or not they would switch it for me. What do you think?

Thanks,

Kathy

It would be easier to cancel and rebook with the correct persons name on the package. No guarantees of guest services will do that as that package is not offered on board.

Thanks Bob. Now I need to sort out what the internet package costs on board....RCCL does not provide the value that Celebrity does on the internet deals at our level. Celebrity gives us 90 minutes each and that was enough on our our last 10 day cruise. 2 24 hour periods is more minutes total but being able to spread it out is better for us. Oh well.

I recently was on Harmony and I purchased one package ahead of time and one on board with the Diamond discount. i felt I got a better deal on what I bought ahead of time. On board I received a free day or 22.99 off a package. Total after discount for the week was $116.94. I waited until the end of the cruise to get my sister the internet for a couple sea days and after my discount only paid 8.99. That was great!

Thanks Bob. Now I need to sort out what the internet package costs on board....RCCL does not provide the value that Celebrity does on the internet deals at our level. Celebrity gives us 90 minutes each and that was enough on our our last 10 day cruise. 2 24 hour periods is more minutes total but being able to spread it out is better for us. Oh well.

Onboard prices:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55188055&postcount=105

You might have a problem streaming Netflix. I would download a bunch of shows they might like to your device.

It's going to really depend on which ship you're on. If your ship has O3B Internet then it'll likely work. My kids were on YouTube morning, noon and night on Anthem. (Sigh.) I was even able to participate in a video group chat, which blew my mind.

On a ship without O3B (or out of range of their satellites) it's going to be harder.

I felt I got a better deal on what I bought ahead of time.

The break even point depends on length of cruise and discount amount pre cruise - for a D, that is usually a 7 day cruise (that or less buy on board, longer, buy pre cruise - assumes two D in a cabin and use of both coupons).

I waited until the end of the cruise to get my sister the internet for a couple sea days and after my discount only paid 8.99. That was great!

Hope you can shed some light on your comment. Ie more detail. I am trying to research getting internet ONLY to print my boarding pass on the final day. If i understand correctly, all I've seen is the one day for 20 ish ... how'd you get 8.99... I wish RC still did it by the 65¢ a minute.

Ty for any additional info

Hope you can shed some light on your comment. Ie more detail. I am trying to research getting internet ONLY to print my boarding pass on the final day. If i understand correctly, all I've seen is the one day for 20 ish ... how'd you get 8.99... I wish RC still did it by the 65¢ a minute.

Ty for any additional info

If you are a member of Royal's loyalty organization (Crown & Anchor), you would have discounts on internet access packages.

Without discounts, your choices would be the $23 one day purchase, hoping the ship offers some lower cost package on the last day for airline check-in, getting a friend on board to check you in, getting someone at home to check you in and printing boarding passes at a kiosk at the airport, etc.

• 1 month later...
Your Diamond discount can only be used for onboard purchases.

Hi Bob :D

Do you know what the discount rate is onboard for Diamond Members for Voom?

Also..do they still have a computer room where I can use their PC instead of my phone? Would that be considered a second device?

They have changed the internet plans since the last time I cruised and purchased them.

Thank you!

Edited by loving2cruise
clarify

Hi Bob :D

Do you know what the discount rate is onboard for Diamond Members for Voom?

Thank you!

Diamond members get either $23 off a package, or one free continuous 24-hour period of internet.

Also..do they still have a computer room where I can use their PC instead of my phone? Would that be considered a second device?

Yes, look for the RCOnline space on the ship. Any device can be second, third.....the one device package means you can use it on ANY one device at a time. You must log off one device to use the second.