Taking food/snacks off the ship ?

pisces68

In Antigua a few years ago we saw a family take a zip lock bag out of their beach bag that was full of cold pizza. Once getting off a ship, I had an ice cream cone and they stopped me right off the ship and made me finish it before we could leave. I'm surprised a cone made it from the buffet to the gangway!!!

The exact same thing happened to me on Royal Caribbean. They told me to stand aside and finish the ice cream cone or throw it away.

Does it read a blanket ‘no food’ or specifically say ‘including no packaged foods’. If it’s a blanket no food my guess is that it’s just simpler to say that. I’ve carried packaged foods through customs in many countries, always declaring if it’s appropriate, and it’s always waved on through. I also bring pre-packaged bars and wouldn’t hesitate to take them off the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll be sailing on the Pearl next month and I just saw a 'note' on several of the Dailies that reads that no food is allowed on OR off the ship and that includes items that are even packaged. A few of our excursions will be 3+ hours around lunch or dinner time. I was planning on taking some snack bags like Doritos or power bars with us in case we got hungry. Is this really not allowed??

You will be fined.