How to fire a TA with RC?

Greetings,

I have a TA that I have used for many years. I make all the reservations, transfer to the TA and get OBC as a reward.

The recent Jewel and then Radiance cancellations have made me realize that doing all of the work (and in the case of the Radiance cancel), taking all the risk and heartburn just isn't worth it anymore. I hate to beg someone to act.

I have this same TA on a few future floats, how do I fire a TA that RC recognizes and take control again? The heartburn is no longer worth the few pieces of silver,

Greetings,

I have a TA that I have used for many years. I make all the reservations, transfer to the TA and get OBC as a reward.

The recent Jewel and then Radiance cancellations have made me realize that doing all of the work (and in the case of the Radiance cancel), taking all the risk and heartburn just isn't worth it anymore. I hate to beg someone to act.

I have this same TA on a few future floats, how do I fire a TA that RC recognizes and take control again? The heartburn is no longer worth the few pieces of silver,

What risk?

You can transfer the booking back to being direct with RC, with the approval of the TA.

Any way (other than cancel and rebook) if they don't voluntarily give up the booking?

Pretty sure I can make a historical case for "cause". Just not sure how high their bar is.

Any way (other than cancel and rebook) if they don't voluntarily give up the booking?

Pretty sure I can make a historical case for "cause". Just not sure how high their bar is.

I have read of accounts here where RC will take back the booking, but it has to be something serious, like the TA is completely unresponsive.

I have read of accounts here where RC will take back the booking, but it has to be something serious, like the TA is completely unresponsive.

Historical case for cause is absurd and you know that as well Bob. How is someone going to hold a done deal to a new standard.

Hey OP, instead of trying to think of ways to throw your TA business relationship with Royal under the bus, pick up the phone and have a conversation w your TA and tell them your concerns, maybe they will address them to your satisfaction, or maybe TA will decide you are high maintenance and gladly give up the booking, but you aren’t giving them a chance to address you.

If that's the bar, pretty sure I can meet that. Any idea where with RC to start Bob?

Others - forget the "take their commission trip" I did all the work anyway.

If that's the bar, pretty sure I can meet that. Any idea where with RC to start Bob?

Start by calling the reservation line for Royal. You’ll lose any TA benefits you had, but anything else should stay the same.

What did the TA do that is so egregious that you want out, what was the past problem?

Historical case for cause is absurd and you know that as well Bob. How is someone going to hold a done deal to a new standard.

Hey OP, instead of trying to think of ways to throw your TA business relationship with Royal under the bus, pick up the phone and have a conversation w your TA and tell them your concerns, maybe they will address them to your satisfaction, or maybe TA will decide you are high maintenance and gladly give up the booking, but you aren’t giving them a chance to address you.

Assume you are a TA , not something I'd do on a one off.

You have no facts, no info on the situation yet jump to a conclusion that you fabricated.

Nice.

Assume you are a TA , not something I'd do on a one off.

You have no facts, no info on the situation yet jump to a conclusion that you fabricated.

Nice.

Not a TA. So who is jumping to conclusions exactly?

Anyways let’s hear the facts, you think the TA deserves a black eye w Royal, so something is going on, there must be a compelling reason you won’t address the TA w your concerns

I'd start with Crown & Anchor.

Please report back.

I had this happen. I sent RC the emails I sent with no response. They were so helpful to remove the TA from our reservation

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

I had this happen. I sent RC the emails I sent with no response. They were so helpful to remove the TA from our reservation

Jackie, do you remember the email address?

Hi to Kurt.

OP - I totally understand your frustration. I missed out on a price reduction because my TA didn't respond to my email asking for a price adjustment until the price went back up. I was really aggravated and voiced my frustration with her. Her response time is abysmal (we're talking 72 hours to respond to an email or phone call). I feel chained to this TA until our sail date and concerned that I could potentially miss out on more savings prior to sailing. I will NOT use her again after this sailing. Lesson learned.

So, yes. I totally understand what you mean. And I disagree with the responses saying that somehow it's wrong to switch your booking. This is your hard earned money that you're using for a vacation (something you probably don't get to do often). Their JOB is providing you with a great customer service. If they aren't living up to your expectations, you should take your business elsewhere. I'd probably voice my frustration with the TA first...but if it's possible, I would switch to RC. Wishing you good luck!

Start by calling the reservation line for Royal. You’ll lose any TA benefits you had, but anything else should stay the same.

What did the TA do that is so egregious that you want out, what was the past problem?

Way too detailed to get into here. We cruise 40 plus days a year, pretty much do everything in exchange for the OBC - but there are certain times that RC won't talk to you because of the TA name on the res. Running into problems way too much lately (Jewel canc, Radiance canc.) and theTA blows me off. It is our $ after all, isn't it?

If I need to cancel and rebook my existing floats, so be it. The pieces of silver just aren't worth it anymore.

OP - I totally understand your frustration. I missed out on a price reduction because my TA didn't respond to my email asking for a price adjustment until the price went back up. I was really aggravated and voiced my frustration with her. Her response time is abysmal (we're talking 72 hours to respond to an email or phone call). I feel chained to this TA until our sail date and concerned that I could potentially miss out on more savings prior to sailing. I will NOT use her again after this sailing. Lesson learned.

So, yes. I totally understand what you mean. And I disagree with the responses saying that somehow it's wrong to switch your booking. This is your hard earned money that you're using for a vacation (something you probably don't get to do often). Their JOB is providing you with a great customer service. If they aren't living up to your expectations, you should take your business elsewhere. I'd probably voice my frustration with the TA first...but if it's possible, I would switch to RC. Wishing you good luck!

Yes that is their job, op should Talk to TA to get issues addressed. If TA won’t do that then yes pull the booking, op should provide more detail instead of bashing me bc from where I sit he’s just pulling money out of someone’s wallet and doesn’t have the backbone to make 1phone call. It’s fine to hold TA to a certain level or fire them if they suck, but op seems more concerned over something that might happen, not has happened. I’m not a TA but figur he booked through a us agency and hate to see someone lose a payday for nothing

Edit:

I will eat crow didn’t realize op had been having troubled w a canceled cruise . Fire away

Yes that is their job, op should Talk to TA to get issues addressed. If TA won’t do that then yes pull the booking, op should provide more detail instead of bashing me bc from where I sit he’s just pulling money out of someone’s wallet and doesn’t have the backbone to make 1phone call. It’s fine to hold TA to a certain level or fire them if they suck, but op seems more concerned over something that might happen, not has happened. I’m not a TA but figur he booked through a us agency and hate to see someone lose a payday for nothing

Edit:

I will eat crow didn’t realize op had been having troubled w a canceled cruise . Fire away

Put a little butter and salt on that crow, better that way. Read the radiance cancellation fiasco, just about lost my "salvage" trip today because the TA didn't realize how the $ moved between reservation numbers.

Put a little butter and salt on that crow, better that way. Read the radiance cancellation fiasco, just about lost my "salvage" trip today because the TA didn't realize how the $ moved between reservation numbers.

If you look at that thread when people were giving YOU a hard time it was ME that said to give you a break. Certainly frustrating experience I’d imagine.

It's really really really hard not to respond snidely to a comment like that. .............

What's the problem, I have been through this twice with a ta several years ago. Royal is very understanding and if you have good cause they will help, but they can't help if you don't call.

I emailed my TA to book cruise unrefundable on cabin she had on hold for us since I had to pay for premium cruise insurance due to preexisting health issues during first 14 days anyway. She booked refundable instead so ended up paying more and having less OBC. When I emailed her repeatedly about this she refused to answer. My instructions in email were very clear.

I did not think I could cancel and rebook before final payment due since bought insurance.

I sympathize, When TA does not do their job is irritating. Family member, so had to just east the extra cost and lose OBC since she did not do the right thing.