Two days rouen port is it possible to spend night in paris

kkmiausa

We just booked a last minute Seabourn cruise that has 2 days in the Rouen Port. It advertises a Paris on your own excursion for both of the days. We have a friend who is a native Parisian and we want to visit him and have him take us to his favorite restaurants, sights, etc.

We would like to spend the night and return the next afternoon when the second excursion returns to the ship.

Is is allowable by a cruise ship that you not return to the ship while it is in port or do they do a check just like when it is sailing?

We have stayed off a Seabourn ship overnight in South Africa in 2015 on a private excursion to a Game Park and also on an overnight in Myanmar. Friends of ours got of the ship for a private overnight tour earlier this year.

You just have to let them know onboard that you will not be onboard that night. We also took our passport with us and returned it to the office when we came back. I usually leave the passport on the ship on day trips but with an overnight we felt better having it with us. We didn't contact head office beforehand as I recall. The Myanmar overnight was a last moment decision on our part, so it was easier to sort it out on the ship. I'm not sure if others may have made prior arrangements with Seabourn head office prior to their cruise.

If you post your question on the Seabourn board you will get more replies from people who have done this with Seabourn.

Julie

If other cruise lines let people do it I am sure Seabourn would. We are planning to spend an overnight in Bali on our upcoming cruise with another line.

Do Seabourn include excursions as part of the price?

The reason I ask is if your cruise happens when the train strike is over in France you could take a 1-2 hour train from Rouen train station to Paris to spend more time with your friend in Paris.

Yes, if your cruise is imminent, please be aware of the rail strike in France. While a train to and from Paris would be the logical choice, this might be a problem on a strike day. And driving can be a headache. Does the ship offer an excursion that is just transportation into and out of Paris?