Just off Gem / Any questions?

odessy

Can you tell me if they still offer Lobster in the main dining rooms ? Hubby is a Lobster lover, me, not so much. I had read somewhere it is not offered.

They do not offer anymore. I did 4 specialty dinings and I don't think they had them there either. I Also used to love the Lobster dinners. The food in Main Dining was OK, Not great, but OK.

I Actually preferred the Buffet at times instead of main dining room.

We did the Southern Caribbean Gem and returned on April 7th. I loved the change of itinerary which had us visiting ports that we had very visited before. I was not impressed with the CD - it was the first time that we cruised that the CD and her assistant didn't wear name tags nor cruiseline attire. We ate in Grand Pacific the first day - nice and quiet. Disembarkation was not fun...did most of the trivia events. We love all the Jewel class ships...

• 2 weeks later...
Lars Bengston. He really is funny when he talks about being in the middle of nowhere.

He was on the Star for Mexican Rivera cruise 2011? Hopefully he will be on Gem in 2020 for panama cruise.:)

We did the Southern Caribbean Gem and returned on April 7th. I loved the change of itinerary which had us visiting ports that we had very visited before. I was not impressed with the CD - it was the first time that we cruised that the CD and her assistant didn't wear name tags nor cruiseline attire. We ate in Grand Pacific the first day - nice and quiet. Disembarkation was not fun...did most of the trivia events. We love all the Jewel class ships...

I found the CD to be pleasant , and friendly and always saying hello, but I can agree that I have had better CD on other cruises.

We did trivia one day, It was fun..I probably ran into you at some point on the boat.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a public sauna (steam room) without paying for the spa? In the gym locker room maybe?

How many power outlets in an inside cabin?

Does the MDR serve special food on the "dress up or don't" nights?