Internet packages?

dcac2

We are cruising on the Silhouette in September & online it seems as though the only option for internet is an 'unlimited' package. We have never chosen to purchase internet in the past, so have never really paid attention to what was available.

Do we need to call the cruiseline for more offers? We are Select members so we get 25% off, but we were hoping for more options.

We were on the Reflection about a month ago and these were the internet options:

Unlimited package - $299.00

24-hour continuous - $49.00

1-hour continuous - $24.95

Unlike some other cruise lines, it is not possible to buy a "bank" of minutes to use at one's discretion during the length of the cruise. We just made do with the free wifi that was available at the ports of call.

That's what I was afraid of....I was hoping we could purchase a bank of minutes to use. Once we hit Elite, we will receive 90 mins free internet use I believe. I sure hope Celebrity comes out with more options for us in the future!

We will continue to do as you do...make use of the free wifi in ports for now.

Thanks for your info Daisy-Mae...much appreciated! :)

Happy to help.

For what it's worth, we did express our dismay, with a suggestion for banked minutes, when we completed the post-cruise questionnaire. However, it would appear the Celebrity has upgraded their internet services and are intent on recouping some of the investment. They did provide about an hour of free wi-fi before we sailed as an inducement, and it was very fast...

They could potentially make more money by selling a 'bank' of minutes to more passengers, than an entire internet package to those few who will pay the price. We truly do not want to be on the internet for our entire cruise, but would like 'some' connection. I'm sure many feel the same way:confused:

I think part of the problem is with the so-called "free" perks that include unlimited internet; if you read some of the threads there are actually passengers who are wondering how they can connect to their home television programs or if the internet works well for online gaming...