Southampton to Heathrow?

wwwfla

We are using Smiths In July for a port to Heathrow transfers for a 12:30 flight. They are scheduled to pick us up at 8:30. We have actually had a slightly earlier flight than this before and didn't have a problem.

We are also using them for a transfer into London from Heathrow and then again a few days later for a transfer to the port.

I'm a bit confused as I asked about similar transportation and was told by some it wasn't a good idea to use Smiths from Heathrow to our London hotel because their based in Southampton...but to definitely use them from London hotel to Southampton and then again from Southampton back to Heathrow.

I'm a bit confused as I asked about similar transportation and was told by some it wasn't a good idea to use Smiths from Heathrow to our London hotel because their based in Southampton...but to definitely use them from London hotel to Southampton and then again from Southampton back to Heathrow.

Just to bump this up....would really like to know why I have received different information on the rollcall...Europe board when I asked the same question about transportation....Any one have some input :confused:

Before I booked Smith's for three segments before and after for our up coming cruise June 23rd I looked into them and didn't see anything negative to make me not want to book with them from the airport to our London hotel. Friends have also used them from the airport to Windsor and then again from Windsor to the port (with a stop by Stonehenge). As long as they are on time to pick us up (and have a competitive fare) I don't care where they are based out off.

Just to bump this up....would really like to know why I have received different information on the rollcall...Europe board when I asked the same question about transportation....Any one have some input :confused:

The local experts on the Britain board have given that advice because they see little sense in booking a company that is based so far away merely to take you from Heathrow into London. Possibly more likely to be delayed in getting to Heathrow to pick you up. I'm just the messenger here, reporting on what I've read.

The local experts on the Britain board have given that advice because they see little sense in booking a company that is based so far away merely to take you from Heathrow into London. Possibly more likely to be delayed in getting to Heathrow to pick you up. I'm just the messenger here, reporting on what I've read.

They (those on the Europe) board seem to know what their talking about and why it was so confusing to see such a difference of opinion. They gave Blackberry a good recommendation and price is similar. Flight comes into Heathrow at 2:25pm so perhaps that makes a difference...Still a bit confused. But thanks so much for your input.

• 5 months later...

I've thoroughly researched "the subject", since we booked a London hotel for 3 days pre-cruise, and Simply Airports had a better quote (37 pound, 3 years ago) from Heathrow to our London hotel than Smiths.

Smiths transferred us from London to port (Southampton, 73 pound), and then, straight to Heathrow when the cruise ended.

We were very pleased with both transfers.