Things you have asked the butler to do

maja651

If you have had Maxi the Magnificent you do not have to ask him for anything... the man is a mind reader!!! Spoiled us on the Epic in the DOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will second this. Had him on the Epic, March, 2017.

He’s so good, that when we were on the Epic again this past December, our butler asked who we had before. When I said Maxi, his eyes got wide. Oooh, I’ve got big shoes to fill! He said. lol.

And fill them he did. Roland was his name, and he was sooooooo good. He even found a bottle of pickle juice for our friend that was sailing with us to make PickleBacks with the bottle of Jameson we had. Perfectly good way to ruin a glass of Jameson, IMHO, but to each their own!

And I guess that’s the strangest request we’ve made of our butler. Pickle juice.

• Haha 1

He’s so good, that when we were on the Epic again this past December, our butler asked who we had before. When I said Maxi, his eyes got wide. Oooh, I’ve got big shoes to fill! He said. lol.

And fill them he did. Roland was his name, and he was sooooooo good. He even found a bottle of pickle juice for our friend that was sailing with us to make PickleBacks with the bottle of Jameson we had. Perfectly good way to ruin a glass of Jameson, IMHO, but to each their own!

And I guess that’s the strangest request we’ve made of our butler. Pickle juice.

I LOVE this! Pickle juice! You win.

We were in 17004 Feb 25 - March 4, 2017.

It was my sister and niece and me. My niece is a vegan and Maxi brought her so many wonderful treats. It was fun to see what he came up with.

We used 10 coffee capsules, he brings 20. Stuff like that.

I think Maxi even smiles in his sleep.

We hold Maxi in highest esteem, along with Hanno Meyer (Concierge), Pedro Serna (CD) and Hernan Rios (MD).

I LOVE this! Pickle juice! You win.

We were in 17004 Feb 25 - March 4, 2017.

It was my sister and niece and me. My niece is a vegan and Maxi brought her so many wonderful treats. It was fun to see what he came up with.

We used 10 coffee capsules, he brings 20. Stuff like that.

I think Maxi even smiles in his sleep.

We hold Maxi in highest esteem, along with Hanno Meyer (Concierge), Pedro Serna (CD) and Hernan Rios (MD).

Ah, we got into 17007 the day you disembarked.

Oh yeah, he kept us stocked in coffee, creamer, anything else we needed. (Cranberry juice for the vodka) lol.

We were on a four day, and since it was our first cruise...ever...we didn’t really know how to take advantage of Maxi’s services.

But we had it figured out by the time Roland was waiting for us, poor guy, lol.

Oh, another strange request...My wife was having foot issues on our last sail and at the suggestion of her doctor, she would freeze a bottle of water then roll it back and forth with the bottom of her foot. One word to Roland and she had a freshly frozen bottle each morning, and another in the evening. So yeah...add frozen water bottle to the list, haha!

Ah, we got into 17007 the day you disembarked.

Oh yeah, he kept us stocked in coffee, creamer, anything else we needed. (Cranberry juice for the vodka) lol.

We were on a four day, and since it was our first cruise...ever...we didn’t really know how to take advantage of Maxi’s services.

But we had it figured out by the time Roland was waiting for us, poor guy, lol.

Oh, another strange request...My wife was having foot issues on our last sail and at the suggestion of her doctor, she would freeze a bottle of water then roll it back and forth with the bottom of her foot. One word to Roland and she had a freshly frozen bottle each morning, and another in the evening. So yeah...add frozen water bottle to the list, haha!

LOL. Bonus points for that one.

One night I wanted some wings. Stopped by to get them myself but they would not give them to me unless we were going to wait for a seat and eat them there. Just called the butler and had them in my room.

Did you show your room key? I ask because we found people were nearly tripping over themselves on the Epic when they saw the Haven key card. We definitely weren't told "no" for anything we asked for outside of the Haven.

Did you show your room key? I ask because found people weere nearly tripping over themselves on the Epic when they saw the Haven key card. We definitely weren't told "no" for anything we asked for outside of the Haven.

It happens on the Jewel and Pearl also....makes a big difference in service.

One time in Alaska it was beautiful in one of the ports.(like near 80 degrees) We sat out on the front balcony. We wanted a “bucket of beer” back in the day when they had that but the bar was closed. Butler got that for us! Big tip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i use my butler for pretty basic things. 2 foot massages per day, i have him wake up at 5am and reserve us 7 chairs by the pool. I have him remove our dsc for us. And i have him clean out my ashtray on the balcony.

lol....:'):')

That's great! I mean, I don't have a butler myself so think those would be good things to have in case I every win the lottery. All kidding aside, a friend of mine Dave from Dayton had a butler and his wife Betty had the butler get beer for their kids every morning - the kids were out until like 4am and appearently to hung over to get their own drinks. The kids then complained that the steaks were too fancy and the butler wasn't amused. Hence, for some reason they don't bring the kids anymore.

It happens on the Jewel and Pearl also....makes a big difference in service.

Definitely did not happen recently on the Jewel. We were with a group and when we compared notes on Haven , they confirmed our experience of being told NO on more than one occasion. We both had been told “No , MDR is full for the next hour,.. Azura is also an hour wait. Don’t bother to call concierge, he can’t help”. They went back to their DOS and had butler deliver. We went to Garden Cafe then to show. Only time we noticed reaction to Haven Card was at Bar .( we had UBP. )They quickly learned our favorite drinks, great bar staff. Milka (moderno bar is a treasure. Haven is not what it should be on Jewel class ships.

After reading all of your responses...I want a butler now, but I don't want to pay the price to be in Haven! I had a butler once in Cabo at "the one and only" and it was pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i use my butler for pretty basic things. 2 foot massages per day, i have him wake up at 5am and reserve us 7 chairs by the pool. I have him remove our dsc for us. And i have him clean out my ashtray on the balcony.

lol....:'):')

I didn't think smoking was allowed on the balcony anymore. Maybe you cruised when it was. Thanks

We had Roland on the Breakaway in 2017 and he was awesome and so funny!!! Loved him.