Fort Lauderdale Port Hotels

Misskatr5

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

I have a quick inquiry. I am traveling with my family of 12. We are a total of 6 adults and 6 young children. We are arriving in Fort Lauderdale 2 days earlier to enjoy the city and our husbands to enjoy the fishing that the city can offer. What is a good hotel to stay at that is close to the port and will provide shuttle service and be close to some great cites?

Our travel dates: December 28-30th. Our cruise leaves December 30 Harmony of the Seas.

thank you in advance. have fun traveling fellow cruisers.

kat:D:) :):)

Edited by Misskatr5

Dates and budget will help the suggestions to be closer to your target - the $100 room in Aug can go for $300+ in Feb.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info. I would not worry too much about "free" shuttles - taxi service is cheap and the distances are not far between FLL and the port. We generally stay in the downtown/17th street area - lots of hotels in a variety of price ranges as well as local dining options and places to shop for cruise supplies.

Good luck with your planning. :D

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

I have a quick inquiry. I am traveling with my family of 12. We are a total of 6 adults and 6 young children. We are arriving in Fort Lauderdale 2 days earlier to enjoy the city and our husbands to enjoy the fishing that the city can offer. What is a good hotel to stay at that is close to the port and will provide shuttle service and be close to some great cites?

thank you in advance. have fun traveling fellow cruisers.

kat:D:) :):)

The Pillars

They have family rooms, and own water taxi stop

WOW! :eek: Peak season for families cruising and vacationing -- book something ASAP that you can live with, and then keep shopping!

Absolutely and don't worry about having a shuttle to the port. Uber, Lyft, and taxi's are readily available and often cheaper than using a shuttle. Or set up a private transport that will hold everyone in your party. You might even want to think about renting a car or 2 cars or a van pre-cruise.

I find if you don't settle for a hotel with a shuttle, you can usually find a better deal and a nicer hotel. And Fort Lauderdale is easy to get around and plenty of hotels that are a short distance from the port.

Have fun on your cruise....sounds like a lot of fun with the family!

I agree with the others, don’t concentrate on a hotel with shuttle. You’re better off booking booking your own 12 passenger transfer. Also, concentrate on hotels on 17th, Embassy Suites, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Pier 66, Hilton Marina, etc. you can walk to the water taxi for an evening out/dinner.

If your comfortable with it, 2 Adults and 2 Kids per a standard 2Queen bed room will probably come out cheaper than trying to find suites.

Also, for getting around without luggage, 2 UberXL or LyftPlus are the way to go. These are always minimum 6 passenger vehicles and way cheaper than taxis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You might consider Hyatt Place...great location next to the Harbor Shopping center (Publix market, shops, restaurants). Comp. hot buffet breakfast, shuttle from FLL to the hotel $2.00 per room.

good rates for your dates (note additional $10.00 charge for extra people) using......http://www.valuetrips.com

Transportation we've used:

South Florida Shuttles

http://www.southfloridashuttles.com or call (954) 227-0311