Are Inflatable kiddie pools ok.

Lonzay

I’ve read people have brought inflatable kid pools for their kids still in diapers to use on the ship , they not allowed in the pools on the cruise Ship understandably for sanitary reasons. This was my plan. But I just read that they are a prohibited item. Is carnival relaxed with this rule? Does anyone have any alternative suggestions?

Grandkids are two & three

I’ve read people have brought inflatable kid pools for their kids still in diapers to use on the ship , they not allowed in the pools on the cruise Ship understandably for sanitary reasons. This was my plan. But I just read that they are a prohibited item. Is carnival relaxed with this rule? Does anyone have any alternative suggestions?

Grandkids are two & three

Don't most, if not all, ships that have Camp Carnival also have a small pool for toddlers?

Don't most, if not all, ships that have Camp Carnival also have a small pool for toddlers?

No. There are to be no diapered children in any pools at any time. Carnival does not have the proper filtration system for this.

People here have reported they use an inflatable bath tub for both bathing their little one in their cabin's shower and then using the tub on deck next to their lounger with just enough water in it for the kiddo to keep cool and get wet.

If you search here or go to the Family Cruisers board you may find other helpful information. This thread is but one example that should guide you: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2604746&highlight=inflatable+bath+tub

6100Y9Lq32L._SX522_.jpg

No. There are to be no diapered children in any pools at any time. Carnival does not have the proper filtration system for this.

I wasn't sure, since we've never cruised with toddlers nor had a reason to make use of Camp Carnival. I guess, if Lonzay wants the little ones to get wet, she'll have to settle for using the hand-held sprayer in the cabin's shower.

Perhaps part of why they are prohibited is the dirty water from a non potty trained child might spill (or even get poured) off a balcony and end up on a balcony further down.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Don't most ships have a small waterpark type area for small kids with sprinklers and all?

I am not so sure a small portable pool on the deck is smart, a gust of wind can turn that into a flying object that can do some serious harm to someone on the ship.

Don't most ships have a small waterpark type area for small kids with sprinklers and all?

I am not so sure a small portable pool on the deck is smart, a gust of wind can turn that into a flying object that can do some serious harm to someone on the ship.

Not to mention dumping feces-water all over the Lido deck

See my previous answer below.

No, even most of the areas with sprinklers for kids are not designed for swim diapers. The only ships with splash areas that are designed for, and allow, kids in swim diapers are the Disney ships, and the RCI Oasis, Quantum, Freedom, and a couple of Voyager class ships. None on Carnival, HAL, Princess, or NCL to name the top few lines.

Per the recommendation of many here on Cruise Critic, we brought an inflatable bathtub for our 2 year old to use in our stateroom. One time was enough. It occupied unnecessary space, Our son didn’t care for it, and inflating it, filling it up, emptying it and then drying it just wasted unnecessary vacation time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of the first thing I mention to anyone planning to cruise is to get your baby accustom to taking a shower. My grand daughter was fine with a shower at 6 months. Daddy would step in the shower with his swim trunks and hold her in his arms. Mom would soap her up, rinse and then take her out to dry while dad showered himself. She "showered" like this until she could stand safely in the shower. She is now 6 years old and still prefers a shower.

Regarding the tubs/ inflatable swimming pools for on deck use---- They blow overboard easily, there is limited space for them and are deemed a tripping hazard, there isn't a place to empty them especially if they contain a "diaper leak'

And before anyone comments about adults staying in the pool for hours and likely urinating in the pool and the child not being allowed in with a swim diaper. Solid waste and urine are on opposite ends of the bacterium scale.