Slamming doors

tx121

:oNumerous times in the morning I am awoken by people slamming their doors as they exit their rooms. The walls to the cabins are very thin and you can even hear a persons conversation in the next room. But wouldnt it be great if cruiselines started installing sliding doors to the rooms so people stop slamming doors!

I'm not sure what it is about the cruise doors but they really do seem to slam on their own if you aren't careful. Even worse balcony cabins. Wouldn't be surprised if people got slammed in their doors on the cruise.

I feel your pain!!! It’s real at 7 am with a family next door that never leaves the room at one time! We recently had a family of 4 next door ( mom,dad, 2 kids between 10-15yrs) they seemed to have an issue with leaving the room together and would exit 1 at a time and slam the door behind them. We are not late risers by any means but when on vacation enjoy staying up later and sleeping in, so it became quite annoying. I honestly believe they didn’t realize how loud it was until we began not paying attention to how quiet we were entering and exiting our room at the wee hours of the morning. We are always conscientious walking in the halls of other peoples privacy and peaceful rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I feel your pain!!! It’s real at 7 am with a family next door that never leaves the room at one time! We recently had a family of 4 next door ( mom,dad, 2 kids between 10-15yrs) they seemed to have an issue with leaving the room together and would exit 1 at a time and slam the door behind them. We are not late risers by any means but when on vacation enjoy staying up later and sleeping in, so it became quite annoying. I honestly believe they didn’t realize how loud it was until we began not paying attention to how quiet we were entering and exiting our room at the wee hours of the morning. We are always conscientious walking in the halls of other peoples privacy and peaceful rest.

We are the same way. Always ease the cabin door shut, and make sure it locked. Most people just let go of the door when they leave the cabin. It's a shame that people just are not considerate of others. We would be happy to have you as a neighbor.

We are the same way. Always ease the cabin door shut, and make sure it locked. Most people just let go of the door when they leave the cabin. It's a shame that people just are not considerate of others. We would be happy to have you as a neighbor.

Most people ARE considerate and don't bang their doors.

I would agree! Most people try to be considerate about invading the pleasure of others. I honestly believe that they were oblivious to how loudly their door slammed... after a few times of us allowing ours to do the same, that behavior decreased tremendously!

The only time I ever hear conversation from our neighbors is when they are on their balcony. I haven’t noticed the banging of doors, but how about the noise every time someone flushes the toilet. Yikes now that’s loud.

You must have superman hearing. Not once on the eight cruises we have taken have we even heard a peep form the adjoining cabins. I really do not think anyone is slamming a door. The doors are a bit on the heavy side though and it is a metal on metal situation when they close. I love the passive aggressive concept of intentionally slamming your door though.

[emoji12]

You must have superman hearing. Not once on the eight cruises we have taken have we even heard a peep form the adjoining cabins. I really do not think anyone is slamming a door. The doors are a bit on the heavy side though and it is a metal on metal situation when they close. <sarcasm>I love the passive aggressive concept of intentionally slamming your door though.</sarcasm>

Or you can be a deep sleeper than I am and noise doesn’t affect you while you sleep

You must have superman hearing.

I love the passive aggressive concept of intentionally slamming your door though.</sarcasm>

Or you can be a deep sleeper than I am and noise doesn’t affect you while you sleep

If you can't sleep through your cruise,

I would suggest getting up, out of bed.:p2Q==1122957403_f.jpg

Edited by $hip$hape

Didn’t mean to fluff any feathers with my fix... and never said I intentionally slammed my door... just didn’t stop it from closing loudly. If everyone would remain mindful that your actions may interfere with someone’s enjoyment while on vacation and it really shouldn’t matter if I chose to spend my entire cruise sleeping or not... JMO

I usually have to put towels, robes etc. across the threshold in order to cut down on the noise.

Definitely have heard conversations and slamming doors on many cruises, not NCL specific.

Nice post.

"The flood and ebb tides alternate with each other."

Alternate noise reminds me that I'm on vacation.:)

I live in a high rise in downtown Dallas. Amazes me how people make no effort to close doors quietly.

Believe it or not I also hear a lot of people just drop the commode lid. It just multiplies the sound.

Headphones and ipod.

Believe it or not I also hear a lot of people just drop the commode lid. It just multiplies the sound.

I installed slow-close lids in my home. :D

On the ship, as far as doors slamming, some people may not realize that if the balcony door is open, the stateroom door will not only be difficult to open, it will also slam shut.

I blame the cruise lines. Those doors slam by themselves. I usually try, but it doesn't take much for them to sound like they're slamming. They really should have more sound insulation in the walls and change the doors so they don't slam so easily.

Guest phd1003
I installed slow-close lids in my home. :D

Problem with that is you get used to it and expect all lids to close slowly - Then SLAM

:oNumerous times in the morning I am awoken by people slamming their doors as they exit their rooms. The walls to the cabins are very thin and you can even hear a persons conversation in the next room. But wouldnt it be great if cruiselines started installing sliding doors to the rooms so people stop slamming doors!

Then they'd bang the door back into place. I think this is one of those things where you know it's going to happen, and if this is something that bothers you, then planning ahead and using a sound machine or even leaving the TV on (which is how I sleep) is enough to drown it out while sleeping. There really isn't much to be gained by complaining, and there is even less to be gained by letting it ruin an otherwise awesome vacation. Anywhere you go, regardless of what rules or societal expectations are in place there will be people who act like jerks. Just don't let them ruin your trip.