Sunshine's Nevis

natefish95

I'm going to St. Kitts/Nevis for the first time next month and I've heard good things about Sunshine's in Nevis. I think it would be a fun, relaxing day. Has anyone been recently? And tips?

I'm a bit nervous about having to deal with ferries between St. Kitts and Nevis. I've seen ferry schedules online, but does anyone have any experience? It looks like a ferry leave's St. Kitts at 9:00 and then there is one leaving Nevis at 1:00pm (these are the times that work best for me).

Thanks!

I'm going to St. Kitts/Nevis for the first time next month and I've heard good things about Sunshine's in Nevis. I think it would be a fun, relaxing day. Has anyone been recently? And tips?

I'm a bit nervous about having to deal with ferries between St. Kitts and Nevis. I've seen ferry schedules online, but does anyone have any experience? It looks like a ferry leave's St. Kitts at 9:00 and then there is one leaving Nevis at 1:00pm (these are the times that work best for me).

Thanks!

Our group does not use public transport, as sometimes it can be unreliable.

If you are a couple, or a group, contact Sunshine's who may have bookings you can combine a shuttle with.

Sunshine's is well away from T'erds (Towles & Herds)

With regard to their cocktails, it's how brave you wish to be. It's like thinking these drinks are okay, just a nice tasting fruit soda. Then you open your eyes and say to yourself "What am I doing in the back of a Police Van?"

Thanks!

If your ship offers some variation of a "Catamaran Sail to Nevis" shore excursion, they all put you ashore on Pinney's beach just a short walk to Sunshine's.

I also prefer to avoid what PortRoyal charmingly calls T'erds, and ship tours, but I make an exception here, so I can get a hassle free ride over to Sunshine's.

A word of caution: Respect the Killer Bees

We were just on Nevis 2 weeks ago, 3/27/18. Did a Princess excursion from St. Kitts with tour, lunch and beach. Had also been to Nevis 20 years ago for 30 days - Sunshine's there then also, larger now. Excursion ferry ride was an hour but regular St. Kitts/Nevis ferry faster and passed us going and returning. We had a great lunch adjacent to Sunshines, which is also very close The Four Seasons resort owned by Bill Gates. Pinney's beach in that area is gorgeous. We were glad we went.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If your ship offers some variation of a "Catamaran Sail to Nevis" shore excursion, they all put you ashore on Pinney's beach just a short walk to Sunshine's.

I also prefer to avoid what PortRoyal charmingly calls T'erds, and ship tours, but I make an exception here, so I can get a hassle free ride over to Sunshine's.

A word of caution: Respect the Killer Bees

Thanks! I'm going on the Carnival Fascination and see a similar excursion, but I don't think you get very much time at the beach, which is why I'm thinking about trying to go on my own. I might do that if I can't figure out the logistics.

We were just on Nevis 2 weeks ago, 3/27/18. Did a Princess excursion from St. Kitts with tour, lunch and beach. Had also been to Nevis 20 years ago for 30 days - Sunshine's there then also, larger now. Excursion ferry ride was an hour but regular St. Kitts/Nevis ferry faster and passed us going and returning. We had a great lunch adjacent to Sunshines, which is also very close The Four Seasons resort owned by Bill Gates. Pinney's beach in that area is gorgeous. We were glad we went.

Thanks! I'll see if I can get some more information on the St. Kitts/Nevis ferry. I'm going on Carnival, and they have an excursion to Nevis, but you don't get much time at Pinney's. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Thanks! I'm going on the Carnival Fascination and see a similar excursion, but I don't think you get very much time at the beach, which is why I'm thinking about trying to go on my own. I might do that if I can't figure out the logistics.

Thanks! I'll see if I can get some more information on the St. Kitts/Nevis ferry. I'm going on Carnival, and they have an excursion to Nevis, but you don't get much time at Pinney's. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Try

http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/st-kitts-nevis-ferry-schedule.html

Scroll down

Sunshine’s has great Caribbean lobster, but beware the Killer Bees! I stayed on St. Kitts about 7 years ago and took the ferry over to Nevis. My experience was that the schedule for the ferry was not always reliable. We’re stopping in St. Kitts again on an upcoming cruise and have booked an excursion that includes transportation over to Nevis.

Sunshine’s has great Caribbean lobster, but beware the Killer Bees! I stayed on St. Kitts about 7 years ago and took the ferry over to Nevis. My experience was that the schedule for the ferry was not always reliable. We’re stopping in St. Kitts again on an upcoming cruise and have booked an excursion that includes transportation over to Nevis.

How bad are the "Killer bees"?

How bad are the "Killer bees"?

With regard to their cocktail (known as Killer Bees) it's how brave you wish to be, 1, 2, 3 or 4 drinks

It starts by you thinking these Killer Bees Cocktails are okay, just a nice tasting fruit soda. Then you open your eyes and say to yourself "What am I doing in the back of a Police Van?"

With regard to their cocktail (known as Killer Bees) it's how brave you wish to be.

It's like thinking these Killer Bees Cocktails are okay, just a nice tasting fruit soda. Then you open your eyes and say to yourself "What am I doing in the back of a Police Van?"

:'):'):') Got it!!!