Anyone doing a Baltic cruise NEXT summer (2019)?

lamb616

Oops! Just realized I had seen may 24th on the getaway.... Its the iceland itinerary- the baltics is the following sailing. Sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks anyway!! If I actually book I’ll just start one but just haven’t quite made the decision yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am considering the NCL 14 day Scandinavia & Russia: Ultimate Baltic on May 25. I can’t find a roll call for it yet which seems a little odd since I feel like people start planning for the Baltic’s early. I’ve done a Baltic cruise before but this one has more destinations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just returned from a tour on the Baltic on the Oceania Marina. We stopped in St.Petersburg and took a two day tour with TJ Travels. It is a Russian tour company and they supply the Visa for you. If you go to

St.Petersbu:)rg you should consider TJ Travel as they were wonderful. The company provided all of the information necessary and responded to my inquires in a New York minute. The guide and driver were wonderful and provided us with a great tour. The cost was very reasonable and they gave discounts for being a Cruise Critic member. They also discounted any other excursions that you might make in any of the other cities that you may visit on your cruise tour. Give TJ Tours a look see and you will be impressed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2018 at 9:53 AM, runchadrun said:

We are planning a cruise on the Regal Princess out of Copenhagen for summer 2019. This will be our first time in that part of the world and first time on Princess. (We typically sail on Royal Caribbean but this itinerary looked better to us.) We have it narrowed down to three different dates: late June, mid July, and early August. Are there any suggestions as to the best month to go?

Our last big trip took us on a cruise in and out of Venice, with a week on land in Rome and Venice beforehand. We started planning that 15 months in advance and took advantage of that time to do everything possible to accumulate enough frequent flyer miles for roundtrip business class flights.

My wife and have booked a July 2019 cruise aboard the Regal Princess.  We had a friend who spent two years in St. Petersburg working for a construction company.  His advice was just book a cruise... June, July, and August are all about the same in terms of climate.  He told us those three months are the peak tourist season so all of the venues are open.  Just pick the dates, which work best for your schedule.  Hope you have a great cruise.

Just booked the NCL Pearl May 25 Scandinavia, Russia and Ultimate Baltic.  Right now it looks like I'm the only one on the ship since there is no roll call yet!  I've been to St Petersburg (Leningrad at the time) but it was in November and it was snowing.  I'm sure it will look very different in May.

Judy

We just booked our Baltic Cruise on the Regal Princess for this summer leaving June 23.  Our first cruise with Princess was last summer to Alaska and we had the most amazing time.  My kids are 14 and 11 and at first I was thinking RC cruise line would be better for younger passengers...but we were so happy with Princess that we decided to stick with what we know.  Also, didn't want to have to figure out eating packages, as everything we wanted was all included on Princess.  I booked with Costco to get over 650 onboard credits for members, which will be used for excursions and drinks.

We have family in Copenhagen, so our time before the cruise will be spent with them.  We plan on DIY in all the ports except St. Petersburg (of course) and Berlin.  I'm pretty sure my husband will figure out a way to play golf in Stockholm.  We did this in Alaska--went our own way to Haines on a ferry and it all worked out.  I've heard Alla tours is excellent for all the ports, but might just use my ship credits to help with a Princess tour instead.

Flights aren't cheap, but we have miles for a couple of tickets and upgrades (no way am I paying for kids in business class).  

• 5 weeks later...

We are seriously considering it. We just got back from one not long ago, and only got to see about 1/2 of everything we wanted to see - especially in St. Petersburg. If anyone has any good ships/itineraries that they have done in the past, I'm open to suggestions. I'm not "married" to one cruise line or another. I've used several, and I'm always looking for a new experience. I will use the same travel company I used last time I was there (Anastasia's Travel) for my tours, as they were excellent and quickly earned my trust. I suppose I should book soon, but there are so many options to explore!!!

We were in St Petersburg a couple of years ago, and I left with a feeling that I saw very little of the whole lot that St Petersburg has to offer. Although on our private tour we have seen and done way more than we would on our own or with a big group tour, I still understand that this is only the top of the iceberg. I am looking forward to coming back and seeing more! We are again with a cruise this time, but I believe that it is not my last visit. I am considering taking the pain of getting a visa next time and spend more time in Russia, maybe visit other places as well. It is a fascinating country, and every stone is just full of history! At least that's what I felt 🙂

Edited by Lagerta

My Husband and I are sailing on the NCL Getaway departing Copenhagen on July 13th and returning on the 21st after visiting: Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland and Sweden.  It is our 10th wedding anniversary trip and our first long one without the Twins (they'll be six when we go).  We are soooo excited!!!

On 6/29/2018 at 6:04 PM, WeAllLove2Travel said:

Ofallongirl, I think we are on the same sailing. I'm quite on the fence about Berlin. I'm aware that it's 3 hours Away from port but hear it's a pretty, scenic ride. Decisions decisions. Guess I've got time to decide, huh? [emoji38][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You do have plenty of time to decide, but just an FYI - some of the travel companies over there are having big sales through the New Year if you book now! We just booked with Anastasia's Travel and got a big discount, so if you are thinking of using a travel group. . . . . . (just a thought!!)

On 5/12/2018 at 10:31 PM, asebastian said:

Our plans are as follows for port trips:

• Amsterdam (pre-cruise) - 4 days on our own, public transport everywhere.
  • Copenhagen - DIY public transport into city
  • Warnemunde - DIY trains to Bad Doberan (Molli steam train), Rostock
  • Tallinn - DIY walk to Old Town
  • St Petersburg - book private tour (DENRUS, ALLA or SBP - undecided)
  • Helsinki - DIY tram into town
  • Stockholm - DIY ferry/train into town
  • Kiel - DIY into town
  • Aarhus - DIY into town
  • Amsterdam - looking to take fast train to London before returning (new non-stop service)

Not sure how far you have gotten in your booking plans since you posted this, but it looks like some of the tour companies have discounted prices through the end of the year if you haven't booked yet. . . Just a heads up. (I only know because I just booked my tour with Anastasia's Travel). Wanted to share the discounts with the rest of you!!