Bidding for Upgrade- Can you decline if you win?

rascalchu

Only consolation is like Ebay you can leave FEEDBACK - but in this case it will be more on yourself for

failing to read and understand the fine print terms of agreement that you did not follow or want to follow.

So sorry no sympathy here !

I wasn't looking for any sympathy. I had not read all the official rules/regulations to bidding for your upgrade. I've never wanted to upgrade our cabin, as I am always specific about what type, location of cabin. Sometimes I wonder why someone even responds tot these threads when it's a comment of such.

How could you not know this ? The RandRs are quite explicit.
:rolleyes: Geez, I guess next time before I make a comment about not knowing something I will read every article I can possibly find. Let me explain, the NCL bidding for an upgrade is new to me since my last NCL cruise. When I book a cabin, I prefer to know exact location and even down to the room number, so I would not even bid for an upgrade. If I ever did decide I wanted to take part in the upgrade you can bet I would read all of the "RandRs". Just because some are abundant in their knowledge of all the rules and regulations, doesn't mean everyone on CC is.

• 3 weeks later...

My mom had her card that she used to bid cancelled (it was compromised) and when she won her bid on the Haven this week, she got an email from NCL asking for a new form of payment to keep the winning bid. She inputted the new one and it was fine.

:rolleyes: Geez, I guess next time before I make a comment about not knowing something I will read every article I can possibly find. Let me explain, the NCL bidding for an upgrade is new to me since my last NCL cruise. When I book a cabin, I prefer to know exact location and even down to the room number, so I would not even bid for an upgrade. If I ever did decide I wanted to take part in the upgrade you can bet I would read all of the "RandRs". Just because some are abundant in their knowledge of all the rules and regulations, doesn't mean everyone on CC is.

Don't let the nasty comments get to you, some of these posters just like to be nasty all the time. Please feel free to come to CC with your questions as not everyone is snarky. I've been a member long enough to know which posters to ignore.

Don't let the nasty comments get to you, some of these posters just like to be nasty all the time. Please feel free to come to CC with your questions as not everyone is snarky. I've been a member long enough to know which posters to ignore.

thistimeplease, thank you for your kind words!! :) I by no means am not a cruise expert but have taken quite a few and find I learn new things on each and every cruise. I love CC because it enables me to get my "cruise fix" until our next and of course find all kinds of information for each line. It kind of shocks me how some adults respond to posts on here. Kind of like that bully in 6th grade. I am looking into that ignore list, seems theres a hand full I'd like to add. Hope you have a great weekend!

Works great for me, just had bid on Haven accepted...if you’re not happy don’t bid

Congratulations on your bid being accepted!! Hope you have a wonderful cruise in The Haven. I did not receive an upgrade offer/bid for our upcoming cruise, but honestly after persons CC educated me on the process, I'll just stick where I am. :) Happy for our mid-ship mini suite!!

don't let the Cruise critic trolls get to you, you have a valid point. You will find that they respond to all threads on here and 99% of the times with nasty unhelpful comments,:rolleyes:

Wow! I honestly did not know this. Gosh, that's a little intimidating I think now to bid for me.

If you did not know this, you did not read the bid offer and rules. It is expressly stated up front. Read and be informed before bidding! Not being harsh, just candid.

If you did not know this, you did not read the bid offer and rules. It is expressly stated up front. Read and be informed before bidding! Not being harsh, just candid.

As I stated, the process was new to me. I had not read anything about it, and was just reading what others post on here. I did not even receive a bid/upgrade offer. I always book with what I'd be happy with. Trust me, if I were to bid, I would read everything and would be informed of all the rules before so. Have yourself a great day!!!!