Bidding for Upgrade- Can you decline if you win?

rascalchu

Just wondering if you do win your bid for an upgrade, are you allowed to decline it just in case you don't like the deck or location of your upgraded room? Or do you have no choice but to accept the upgrade? Thanks!

You must accept it. No changes.

What if you block or cancel your credit card before hand

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Basically, that would be a breach of contract.

When you enter your credit card info and before you "submit" your bid, you have to "Agree" to Terms and Conditions. By submitting a bid and agreeing to the terms, you have accepted the possibility that you might not end-up in a room you would prefer!

Alternately, IF your bid has NOT already been accepted, you can sign-into your account and remove/change bids.

The terms state,

“5. Norwegian Cruise Line may accept your Bid at any time before the sail date. In the event Norwegian Cruise Line accepts your Offer, your credit card will be charged the full amount immediately upon acceptance. The total amount that you must pay to us will be disclosed to you prior to your submission of your Offer. The charge on your credit card may appear in the name of “NCL Reservations USD” / “NCL Reservations XX (currency)” / “Norwegian Cruise Line”. You agree that you cannot challenge or dispute a charge because the name appearing on the credit card statement is “NCL Reservations USD” / “NCL Reservations XX (currency)” / “Norwegian Cruise Line”.”

That would first of all: be dishonest plus as already mentioned they bill you card immediately, as soon as your bid is accepted. You have no way of knowing when it will be accepted. It could be the day you bid or a week, month or whatever later. Not to mention what would prevent the cruise line from selling your original cabin the minute your are upgraded. If one is worried about location and there are no guarantees don't bid. We can't have it both ways.

The reservation would move from the original cabin to the upgraded cabin with a BALANCE DUE.

Great entertainment would ensue during check-in at the port. I'd guess somewhat of a mystery thriller: Red faces from shouting... tears a streaming... suspenseful as onlookers wait to see how long before the upset passenger pulls out some form of payment. Or maybe even a surprise ending as the passenger is turned away, cruise canceled with no refund of the original purchase price.

And then they will come back to CC and complain how they were denied boarding. Probably contact the media about how they were turned away from their vacation that had been planning for for years etc.

How about "I'll never sail NCL because of their devious tactics."

How is it devious? It's all very explicitly spelled out. There is an FAQ, there are terms of service, nothing is hidden from the passenger. If you bid you are "risking" that your bid will be accepted. It makes sense that the upgrade would happen immediately and automatically on acceptance of the bid in order to free up the original stateroom. They can't hold two staterooms for you with only 48 hours until sailing. They need/want to be able to sell your previous room immediately or give it to someone who had bid for a stateroom at that level. If I am in a Balcony and bid up to a Mini-Suite, they can't continue to hold my Balcony for me while I evaluate and decide whether or not I want the Mini-Suite. They need to be able to immediately assign my Balcony to someone who bid to upgrade from an Interior or Oceanview room to a Balcony. "Holding" two rooms for everyone who had a bid accepted would have a ripple effect through all of the other passengers who bid for upgrades as well as those who are booking last-minute.

How is it devious? It's all very explicitly spelled out. There is an FAQ, there are terms of service, nothing is hidden from the passenger. If you bid you are "risking" that your bid will be accepted. It makes sense that the upgrade would happen immediately and automatically on acceptance of the bid in order to free up the original stateroom. They can't hold two staterooms for you with only 48 hours until sailing. They need/want to be able to sell your previous room immediately or give it to someone who had bid for a stateroom at that level. If I am in a Balcony and bid up to a Mini-Suite, they can't continue to hold my Balcony for me while I evaluate and decide whether or not I want the Mini-Suite. They need to be able to immediately assign my Balcony to someone who bid to upgrade from an Interior or Oceanview room to a Balcony. "Holding" two rooms for everyone who had a bid accepted would have a ripple effect through all of the other passengers who bid for upgrades as well as those who are booking last-minute.

Jamie...Use the logical side of your brain to comprehend poster is being cynical--Duh!

The reservation would move from the original cabin to the upgraded cabin with a BALANCE DUE.

Great entertainment would ensue during check-in at the port. I'd guess somewhat of a mystery thriller: Red faces from shouting... tears a streaming... suspenseful as onlookers wait to see how long before the upset passenger pulls out some form of payment. Or maybe even a surprise ending as the passenger is turned away, cruise canceled with no refund of the original purchase price.

Followed by the inevitable YouTube video, unbalanced news reports, and general bashing of the cruiseline. Cf. Disney

Ever heard of ebay? Same idea, you bid, you win, you pay. Not intimidating.

Only consolation is like Ebay you can leave FEEDBACK - but in this case it will be more on yourself for

failing to read and understand the fine print terms of agreement that you did not follow or want to follow.

So sorry no sympathy here !

Ever heard of ebay? Same idea, you bid, you win, you pay. Not intimidating.

Actually, yes I am very familiar with eBay. Been buying, selling since the 90's on there. What intimidates me is not knowing my exact room. I'm very picky when it comes to choosing my cabin when we cruise. That was all I meant by that.