Follow the drink packages on Freedom of the Seas - 4/14 to 4/22

Thank you for your review. So curious minds want to know...since you sampled all of the drinks onboard, what was your favorite (and least favorite) and why? Also curious...our sailing on Freedom is May 12...her first after she repositions to her new home port in San Juan. Do you know, will a lot of the crew be changing with her itinerary?

Thank you for your review. So curious minds want to know...since you sampled all of the drinks onboard, what was your favorite (and least favorite) and why? Also curious...our sailing on Freedom is May 12...her first after she repositions to her new home port in San Juan. Do you know, will a lot of the crew be changing with her itinerary?

I wish I had drank so many more varieties, but unfortunately no one in my group wanted to just sit at a bar and drink and relax. So I found myself sticking to certain ones. I did like the Rise and Shine in the Pub and I liked the Lava Flow with Kraken rum better than the normal rum they use. Their bloody Mary's were too spicy for me, even when I told them no spice. The Strawberry and Melon Mojito's were light and refreshing also. You can get these frozen, but I found that some of the bars by the pool deck don't mix them enough and there are still large pieces of ice and mint leaves in them. I did not ask any of the staff when their contracts were up.

Thank you Randie! Since my DH won't be with me this trip to "supervise" I am thinking I might branch out and try a few new things. My last few sailings I've stuck with pretty traditional drinks...tequila sunrise or mimosas in the morning, switching to a frozen drink (i.e., Miami Vice, BBC, or DOD) in the afternoon, maybe a vodka martini before dinner, then onto champagne or wine with dinner, with Baileys rocks or a White Russian after dinner. Thank you again!

Thank you Randie! Since my DH won't be with me this trip to "supervise" I am thinking I might branch out and try a few new things. My last few sailings I've stuck with pretty traditional drinks...tequila sunrise or mimosas in the morning, switching to a frozen drink (i.e., Miami Vice, BBC, or DOD) in the afternoon, maybe a vodka martini before dinner, then onto champagne or wine with dinner, with Baileys rocks or a White Russian after dinner. Thank you again!

If you want to keep the night going after dinner, espresso martinis are always a good choice. Or a sweeter nightcap like an ice cream martini. I also love getting to know the bartenders and asking what their favorite drink to drink/make is.

Following. +1 for ZingZang (my fave). But you need to ditch the smirnoff.

Popov?

If you're insinuating better vodka, I have to say, I think that's a waste. Bloody Mary mix, especially Zing Zang, is so potent that you can't even tell what vodka is in there unless you're mixing them 50/50 or something absurd. I've made Zing Zang BMs for friends and put whiskey or rum in them instead of vodka without telling them and no one noticed.

When I see people making Grey Goose bloody maries, all I can think about is what a waste of expensive vodka it is. (Note : I also think GG is wildly overrated, but that's a different discussion entirely.)

My last few sailings I've stuck with pretty traditional drinks...tequila sunrise or mimosas in the morning, switching to a frozen drink (i.e., Miami Vice, BBC, or DOD) in the afternoon, maybe a vodka martini before dinner, then onto champagne or wine with dinner, with Baileys rocks or a White Russian after dinner.

You’re speaking my language!

Can’t wait to put my drink package to use this July on the Liberty!

If you want to keep the night going after dinner, espresso martinis are always a good choice. Or a sweeter nightcap like an ice cream martini. I also love getting to know the bartenders and asking what their favorite drink to drink/make is.

Seriously? Ice cream drinks? If they can do an ice cream martini, wondering if they have the makings for a Golden Cadillac? That is one of my favorites (vanilla ice cream, creme de cocoa, and Galliano and to be "really fancy" a dash of nutmeg) I might just have to explore and report back. I also love the idea of letting the bartender(s) share their favorite drink ideas. Yep...the drink package will get a workout this trip. :)