Jost Van Dyke

brianstew66

We are going on the Getaway March 24 2019. We have been on the escape twice to eastern Caribbean. This one goes to Cozumel Costa Maya. Belize City. Was just wandering if any of the excursions can come close to Jost Van Dyke (soggy dollar bar)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going on the Getaway March 24 2019. We have been on the escape twice to eastern Caribbean. This one goes to Cozumel Costa Maya. Belize City. Was just wandering if any of the excursions can come close to Jost Van Dyke (soggy dollar bar)

Jost Van Dyke is in the British Virgin Islands. You are no where close. Cozumel is 1,450 miles away; Belize City, 1,541 miles!

Jost Van Dyke is in the British Virgin Islands. You are no where close. Cozumel is 1,450 miles away; Belize City, 1,541 miles!

OP was asking if anything came "close" to JVD meaning in beauty aka a "Great trip/day". Certainly had nothing to do with distances.

OP was asking if anything came "close" to JVD meaning in beauty aka a "Great trip/day". Certainly had nothing to do with distances.

Well I feel incredibly blonde right now. Apologies as I took it literally!

No, unfortunately not. You’d need to port at Tortola to get to Jost. Soggy Dollar is up and running after being destroyed, though!

That's beautiful. Any facilities there? Restaurants? How far from the different piers? And lastly, how did you get there, through a ships tour or on your own?

It was a ship tour, probably took about 40 minutes by boat from the NCL pier, on the way back we had a different boat and was probably only 20 minutes return. It was all inclusive and had a small buffet for lunch and about 4 different rum drinks were included. I wasn’t overly impressed with the food, Nachi Cocum does a much better job with the food and drinks, but the beach is much nicer at Passion Island.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In short no. I have been to Jost at least a dozen times, and on the western route six times. There is nothing at all on the western route that compares to Jost.

Jost has some of the most beautiful blue water ever...Costa Maya was brown and loaded with sea grass last week. We even went to Almaplena which is supposed to be better water than Maya Chan and it was terrible! For blue water, your best bet is Cozumel

No need to wander around. Just book an excursion directly to JVD. NCL usually has them, but if they don't on your cruise or if they are sold out, many third party excursions are great. Just don't waste your time wandering around! :)

The post you quoted clearly states they are going to Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Belize City. They can hardly follow your advice.

Actually when we went to Costa Maya we did not have to wander at all. They have the pool right there at the end of the pier. We didn't wander in Cozumel either, actually wandering there is probably not a very safe thing to do! :)

I would consider Cozumel to be one of the safest ports in the Western Caribbean.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Book Cozumel bar hop tour!!! Google it as its a private tour not a boat tour!!!! Great fun and get to see other side of island which is beautiful!!!,

It's like worlds apart , we've done it. We actually just took a cab that stayed with us. We had 4 couples.

No need to wander around. Just book an excursion directly to JVD. NCL usually has them, but if they don't on your cruise or if they are sold out, many third party excursions are great. Just don't waste your time wandering around! :)

The post you quoted clearly states they are going to Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Belize City. They can hardly follow your advice.

Actually when we went to Costa Maya we did not have to wander at all. They have the pool right there at the end of the pier. We didn't wander in Cozumel either, actually wandering there is probably not a very safe thing to do! :)

It’s painfully obvious that I’m referring to the fact that you told them to book an excursion to Jost Van Dyke.... They can’t. They aren’t going there.