What is the weirdest thing that happened to you on a cruise?

ilikeanswers

Very early morning in some island port. We were docked a few meters away from a Disney ship. Out on one of the low deck there was Cinderella, a prince and a dwarf having cigarettes.

I was sitting with a group of friends on a World Cruise a few years ago and the crew was running safety drills during one of our sea days. I said to the group, “I wonder :confused: if during these drills the band ever sets up on deck and start playing just like in the Titanic movies.

Not five minutes later, an announcement came over the PA, “Will the music director please report to his station”. I think half the ship heard us as we broke out with laughter. :loudcry:

Don

Very early morning in some island port. We were docked a few meters away from a Disney ship. Out on one of the low deck there was Cinderella, a prince and a dwarf having cigarettes.

Sounds like the start of a joke: Cinderella, a prince and a dwarf walk into a bar.......

South of Iceland, 9 am, fog, crows nest of Crystal Symphony, a helicopter almost crashes into us. I yell HOLY S*** and watch it pass to starboard, maybe 50 ft clearance. Then there was the time the drug bundles were being chucked into the sea Celebrity Infinity, off the coast of Columbia, 10 pm, from a couple of decks above us.

Last Year disembarking from our Princess Alaska Cruise, we went to the luggage area..and only ONE bag. And we looked and we waited and we looked and we got help and they looked..no bag...

So we went to file a claim and I just happened to look over at people leaving the baggage area and they had MY bag. Husband ran over and stopped them and got our bag. To this day I do not know if it was on purpose or a mistake. We believe on purpose since we mark all our bags with BIG pink pom poms.

Guess we will never know

Years ago we were on a Celebrity cruise that had a Cirque du Soleil type entertainment. We were in a semi circle around the stage which was actually a dance floor.

There was a turtle like creature in the show that had different colored lights all over her costume that reflected her emotions. I know it was a 'she' because I rode up the elevator with the entertainer's father, who was on board for the week.

She did a little dance and part of her routine was to very dramatically 'steal' items from the audience and give them to someone else. For example she took a doll from a child in our group played with it, and then handed it to a lady across the room. It was quite entertaining! When it seemed like she had moved on to other items ( purses, scarves), the older brother of the child went to retrieve the doll. The creature rushed back, lights ablaze, and snatched the doll back and placed it back with the lady, with lots of dramatic fury. This is not the weird part, I just wanted to give you an idea of the show.

Here is the crazy part: the creature approached a man and gestured for him to give her something - she was gesturing towards his shorts pockets, like keys or a wallet. Suddenly, the guy removes his LEG😱! I hadn't noticed before but he seemed to have a bandage around his knee. It actually covered the connection to his prosthetic. The creature seemed unfazed and moved to the center of the room, to do an impromptu 3 legged dance with the prosthetic. Her 'happy'lights were flashing wildly. The whole room was just screaming with shock and laughter. I have never seen anything like this in an improv type show!

I ran into the man with the prosthetic the next day and asked if that was part of the act - it was just too weird to have happened like that. He said, no he was just a guest but thought he would give her a big surprise and he was really impressed with how she worked it into the act.

I'm currently on the Emerald Princess and we have ATD. The first night my husband and I shared a table with 6 other diners we'd never met. As everyone introduced themselves I discovered our tablemate has known a very close friend of mine for 35 years. I've known her for 20. Ours is truly a small world.

Wow! That's great!