Missing OBC

CodyMiles1994

So we have had our cruise booked since October 2017 and have had a few price reductions. I went to make a payment today and noticed that our OBC was missing. I have the emails with confirmations saved and will be calling in to find out what's going on, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen recently. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

This happened to me after my price reduction, I called and they said it shows in their system, it just doesn't up on my cruise manager on the website. As long as you have the emails showing your OBC you should be fine!

This is happening on my cruise where I had a price reduction. I've had it happen previously where it doesn't show on my account but the PVP swears it shows on their side. One time I had leftover OBC that I didn't realize I had until I got my final bill. It went to waste. I wish they would fix that.

So we have had our cruise booked since October 2017 and have had a few price reductions. I went to make a payment today and noticed that our OBC was missing. I have the emails with confirmations saved and will be calling in to find out what's going on, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen recently. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Well, hopefully, it isn't because you are under a new no "OBC" rate. You say you have had a couple price reductions, and unfortunately, if you get a price match (reduction) and that rate does not have OBC with it, your price will drop BUT you lose our OBC (so you have to take that into account before requesting the price reduction).

You do not automatically get to keep your OBC just because your first-rate had that.

Well, hopefully, it isn't because you are under a new no "OBC" rate. You say you have had a couple price reductions, and unfortunately, if you get a price match (reduction) and that rate does not have OBC with it, your price will drop BUT you lose our OBC (so you have to take that into account before requesting the price reduction).

You do not automatically get to keep your OBC just because your first-rate had that.

No, we priced match to the same Early Saver promotion the drops were in the same week.

I have the same issue with my 10/18 cruise. I had an initial price drop that gave me OBC and then a second with the more OBC. Only the first amount is showing under my cruise manager but the Carnival reps say they see the full amount. I’m saving my printouts of the OBC but don’t know why they can’t fix it in their system.

I was going to say the same thing. We lost some OBC when we got a price adjustment, but the price change was worth it. Both were Early Saver rates as I recall. They should have made this clear to you when you called to get the price change (they did point it out to me) but there's no guarantee that the person you are speaking to will do this.

I would just call and ask them what happened. They should be able to explain it to you. Good luck!

I have both price drop OBC (post final payment price drop) and promotional OBC for my upcoming cruise. The promotional OBC still shows up in the cruise manager. The price drop does not show up as OBC, but there is a difference between the total charges and total paid that equals the OBC for the price drop. So, maybe check the math.

Although since you reference going online to make a payment, you are obviously not past final payment date. I assume your OBC will be all promotional OBC.

Check your cruise documents. Sometimes it is listed there, but not on the website itself.

I just checked and yes the full amount is on the invoice of my documents. Thank you! Now I don’t have to worry about that. My cruise manage still only shows half the amount.