Anthem September 6

/I am curious to see what everyone has to say about this. I have watched videos and seen some 9comments but I am wondering if we will sail by, close to or not at all the Statue of Liberty. It would be a great sight to see with my Granddaughter who just did a school report on 9/11. If we sail by where would be the best place on the boat to view?

Thanks for any comments.

/I am curious to see what everyone has to say about this. I have watched videos and seen some 9comments but I am wondering if we will sail by, close to or not at all the Statue of Liberty. It would be a great sight to see with my Granddaughter who just did a school report on 9/11. If we sail by where would be the best place on the boat to view?

Thanks for any comments.

It is not normal for Anthem to sail by the statue. Most of the time they turn south after leaving the pier and head straight to the bridge. If you are lucky enough to sail by, I'd go outside on the highest deck you can.

It is not normal for Anthem to sail by the statue. Most of the time they turn south after leaving the pier and head straight to the bridge. If you are lucky enough to sail by, I'd go outside on the highest deck you can.

Lots of room on the upper decks to see if you are lucky enough to do a "sail by". It's not really a "sail by". The captain heads north to the SOL and slowly does a 360 turn so that all sides of the ship get a nice view. That's something I don't think the ships sailing from the Manhattan Cruiseport do - they just literally sail by.

Thanks for any comments.

You can join my wife and me on the port wing. Head forward through the Atrium on deck 14 and go out the door. Just do not tell too many people as the wings are not that big. See you there September 6th. George

I've sailed on Anthem twice, one time we headed straight out to sea, the other time we headed north to lower Manhattan and did the turn around that went past the Statue of Liberty. It was a beautiful day, nothing but blue skies, and yes, definitely something special. The views of the city were really impressive too. I'm a native New Yorker saying that too. I hope you get to experience that.

I will put that in my notes of what and where for the cruise. Will it be just you and your wife. There will be 4 of us. We have never been on the Anthem and are very excited to see what it will be like.

It's a public place. There is no way to tell who will show up.