Victory

tigger54

I know the Victory is supposed to be refurbished this year. Has it been done yet and If not when? We have never been on the Victory and are thinking of taking 2 4day cruises on it. Any advise on that ship? We have been on many other Carnival ships.

Thanks

I sailed on Victory way back in 2015, before any refurbishment and loved it then. It can only be even better now. I have seen photos recently and the staterooms appear to be nicely modernized. I did like the ship, and loved the sea theme décor. Watch out for the seahorses though!;)

Yes, I sailed on it 3 weeks ago and it looks absolutely beautiful with all of the upgrades! I have sailed on it 7 times and it has always been so well maintained. The first time that I sailed on it was in 2004, then ten years later in 2014, it looked as new as the first time that I sailed on it.

Pam and I were on it in Feb of this year after the dry dock and in Feb of last year before the changes. Actually the cabins we booked in the forward section of Lido were the ones that changed from 4j interior window into Captain’s Suites and Scenic Ocean View cabins.

We really liked the changes both to the public areas as well as the cabins. Even though our favorite cabins were the old 4j on lido with the balcony over the bridge,we really liked the new Scenic Ocean View cabin with the wall to wall, floor to ceiling forward facing window and sitting area.

The ship was very clean and now it has the 2.0 upgrades. The only things that cannot be changed are the inability to access the aft dining room without going up or down a floor and across. It confused a lot of our fellow cruisers. The comedians were very vulgar but funny. However, the shows in the main theatre were below average. The dining room breakfasts were great but the dinners were hit or miss.

Actually, we are booked on the Victory for a second time this year in November!

Edited by Motegi

I was on the victory about a month ago and did a full review with lots of pictures. We loved it!!! Beautiful ship. Some issues with lines. Wonderful service. We'd sail her again in a heartbeat - Enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk