Massive Price Differnce between RCI USA website prices and RCI UK prices

If you are booked under US/Canadian rules, have booked a guarantee category and been assigned a stateroom, Royal will normally allow you to change to any other available stateroom in the same exact category to which you have been assigned.

This really does annoy me - how would it hurt RCI to permit other Country to make the same change? (Rhetorical question)

There should be consistency across the Countries, then there wouldn't be the necessity for UK people to book through US travel agents. Its so unnecessary and really rather silly IMHO.

There...Ive got that off my chest now :')

I saw yesterday on the news that the Dollar was the highest against the Pound since Brexit was announced and is predicted to go higher (by cleverer people than me).

If your from the UK and purchasing a cruise in Dollars it may work out well.

I saw yesterday on the news that the Dollar was the highest against the Pound since Brexit was announced and is predicted to go higher (by cleverer people than me).

It’s working out very well for me at the moment a steady increase in the exchange rate since I booked last year

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow wish I had known this before I booked through the UK site. However to be fair we did get the drinks package free and went thro a cashback site (can we mention names?) so I suppose this saved us a fair bit.

Can I ask how much you think you saved? And also what extra protection we get in the UK?

Also if you just make up a random US address will RC know from your passport that you are not American?

... Also if you just make up a random US address will RC know from your passport that you are not American?

You don't have to be a US citizen to book on the US site, just a US resident.

You mean the pound sterling is the highest against the dollar since the Brexit low of 1.20.

It's now 1.43 and climbing steadily.

Due to cable fluctuations my cruise last year ended up costing me £700 more - but it was still cheaper than if I had booked in England. You win some; you lose some.

Currently doing the happy dance at 1.43. I pay off chunks whenever I think the rate is good.

I got a red notice saying words to the effect "this is not a registered United States payment method".

Maybe the 16 digit numbers across the card identified it as a UK card or it didn't like me paying in GBP.

I'm interested as well if someone with a UK card has had success on the US website.

I booked on US site with my UK mastercard no issues, also booked drinks package months after.

Just to rub salt in the wound, not only do we pay more in the UK, and lose our deposits if we cancel, RCCL only have premium rate phone numbers in the UK. So we don't have a free phone contact option, even for problems identified after booking. Shocking way to treat customers who have already paid out thousands of pounds for a cruise.

The US travel agent I used was happy to take the booking. I actually approached 2 US TAs recommended to me by a U.K. citizen. They both came up with prices that were £1500 less than U.K. quotes (on yesterday’s exchange rates). I reasearched both companies before approaching them.

It is not really possible to use any US address as when it comes to paying you need to use the billing address of the credit card.