A megaship lover sails the Meraviglia- photo review April 2018 Med

SquishTheWhale

I have the disembarkion photos on my phone as I posted them on another forum to highlight how bad it was, so I can go ahead with those now!

Disembarkation Day

So after breakfast and leaving the cabin, we sat waiting for our time of 9.35 to be called. Of course I couldn't help popping by the photo gallery- remember they had told us to return this morning to get our photos? They did not want to help us last night.

Oh look, what a surprise..

1puik0.jpg

Closed! Not a sole in sight. I don't ask for much in the way of service, but I don't expect to be outright lied to. If we'd gone away as they asked then we would not be getting our photos this morning.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Disembarkation after that I can only describe as an absolute clusterfluck. They did not call each colour on time, people got angry and started pushing and shouting, everyone was crowded round the door and they weren't letting anyone through.

2qtzqxh.jpg

Eventually, 20 minutes after we should have gone through, they let us past because we lied that we had a flight to catch. Let's just say I'm very glad I didn't actually book the morning flight out of Genoa that I considered.

They funneled everyone into this tiny corridor but then wouldn't let you go any further. It was so crowded with everyone pushing and shoving that it did start to feel dangerous. I can only imagine the outcome if a panic had started.

2qia1ra.jpg

flelmx.jpg

I have no idea why they kept us rammed in this tiny space for another 10 minutes. Once they let us down the stairs there was no queue at all, just walk straight off. What was the purpose of it all?!

On NCL we have done both coloured groups and easy walk off, and both times we have just walked off the ship in 2 minutes with no waiting. How can MSC make such a mess of something so simple?

It was honestly so stressful being crammed in, pushed and shoved, that it's the one thing that has definitively put me off MSC for life. If we had a flight to catch or excursion to make we would have been screwed. As it was we had timed tickets to Genoa aquarium that were going to be no good by the time we got off.

really enjoying this review thank you. we are on Meraviglia in November so are finding this really useful.

Worldtravelista1 - how was the embarkation - disembarkation in Barcelona - we join there too and wondering what time we could get on the ship?

Hey candygone,

For us the embarkation/disembarkation in BCN was easy-peasy. I think we arrived around noon for boarding, and with my Status Match to Black Card we were granted Priority Boarding. So that went very fast.

And the same on the Disembarkation, Black Card members had the first disembarkation. We waited w our friends for the time for our group to disembark, however they wouldn't let our friends join us. So they caught up late. But the Disembarkation was swift as well.

We also ordered an Uber to pick us up after we had collected our luggage (which was waiting for us). And the Uber arrived right away.

For my cruise next month, I'll be embarking in Palermo (which sounds like a breeze from Squish); and then disembarking in Genova. So we'll see how that goes, as it's a more popular disembarkation location.

We are on Meraviglia next Sept so I’ve read this blog with anticipation. I hope the food and service has improved by then as hubby didn’t want to do a MSC cruise. Our usual lines are Celebrity and Oceania but friends asked us to join us on their sept cruise so he couldn’t say no. We are embarking in Southampton and as they are so organised that should be fine. We are black card members due to our celebrity elite status so disembarkation should, hopefully be a breeze too but our friends do not have a status match so I guess we’ll be waiting ages for them in baggage hall. Luckily we disembark in NYC and are staying there for 2 nights so not rush to catch flights. Hubby will just book an Uber when we’re all together.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just to clarify: Black Card members get priority embarkation and priority tendering OFF the ship at ports; they do not get priority disembarkation. It has to be requested and is granted to those who have reason to require it, such as an early flight or organised transfer.

Just to clarify: Black Card members get priority embarkation and priority tendering OFF the ship at ports; they do not get priority disembarkation. It has to be requested and is granted to those who have reason to require it, such as an early flight or organised transfer.

On our sailing, we were in the first group to disembark (MSC Voyagers Club Black Card Members) along w MSC Aurea & Wellness Experience.

*Im trying to upload the photo documentation, but it’s not loading .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our sailing, we were in the first group to disembark (MSC Voyagers Club Black Card Members) along w MSC Aurea & Wellness Experience.

I found that very interesting. It's just one more anomaly with MSC and the different policies they implement and/or alter depending on the ship. Just like the policy of only one voucher per cabin for a complimentary meal for 2 for Black Card members - we received 2 vouchers earlier this month on Poesia.