Just a few quick tips for those going on the Seaside

tallnthensome

We took a car from Hollywood Florida to the MSC terminal. We arrived at 10:15 which we figured was way to early. We walked into terminal F and it was a ghost town. Not many in line at all and it was another 10 minutes before anyone else even came in behind us. Point being, if you want to get checked in early then this worked. Don't follow the arrival time on your tickets. It was not the madhouse you may be used to.

If you're on the western itinerary and are tendering into Georgetown and want a first tender get in line early by the excursion desk. If you have a private tour or something else scheduled get in line by 7 even if they tell you 7:30 or 8. The line for tender trickets was long and people were screaming mad. Tenders run every 15 minutes. I thought I came down early and got tender 6. This was hilarious, the guy right in front of me got to the ticket table and we were on tender six. He said " I want the earliest one, I want number one" and continued to argue that he somehow deserved it regardless of the hundreds that were before him or after that would like it as well. He whined like a baby and still didn't get his way. Another guy wanted the same thing at 5. He said he had an excursion, maybe private at 8, and wanted number one even at 5. He was screaming that he wouldn't make his excursion. The ship wasn't even letting off yet. He stated to the girl, "I'm going to miss my excursion now at 5 aren't I?" She respectfully replied "yes" which made all those listening laugh ...... Point being to all this is if you need off first get in line first. Don't expect to roll out of bed an hour after the line forms for tender tickets and expect to be number one.

The Jungle Park and slides were closed on embarkation day until sunday morning for cleaning and pool refilling. Sunday morning everyone expected to ride the slides and such. Nobody seemed to be told, including us, that you had to sign a waiver for water slides. There was a table set up by the Slideboard for waivers and wristbands. Get in line fast and early because there was a 2 hour wait in one long line for the bands. It moved so slow with all the different ethnicities and languages being spoken. It was a terrible process that should have been done while checking in and has to get fixed by MSC. Again, get in line and get it done right away.

The ship does offer post cruise transfers to Miami and Ft Lauderdale airports. Just make sure they give you the correct fuschia luggage tags. I paid for transfers and never got the right color tags (given red) even when promised they'd be delivered and had to go to CS to get them.

MSC likes to shove photos down your throat. So much so that they deliver photos of you that you don't probably want to your stateroom for $29 and put on your bed. If you don't want them you have to give them to your steward and tell him you don't want them ... if you see your steward. They got me on this as we left them on the dresser for him. He never took them and they nailed me for $29 on some bad pictures the last night .... back to CS again for removal .....

Hope this may help some people save time and any frustration .......

For the tender tickets do all members of your party have to be present? Or can one person go down to get tickets for the party?

And, if you have status on other lines, apply for the loyalty Match. If you're Black, You'll get Priority tickets for the tender. I left my pictures on the bed with a No, Thank You note on them and the steward took them away.

MSC likes to shove photos down your throat. So much so that they deliver photos of you that you don't probably want to your stateroom for $29 and put on your bed. If you don't want them you have to give them to your steward and tell him you don't want them ... if you see your steward. They got me on this as we left them on the dresser for him. He never took them and they nailed me for $29 on some bad pictures the last night .... back to CS again for removal .....

Hope this may help some people save time and any frustration .......

I hate being hounded and forced into pictures...or even saying no thank you!! Thank god for the Yacht Club...Only picture taken of us was embarkation day. Never saw a photographer again other than when you got off ship at ports.

Anyone know if this is specific to only Seaside, or general for MSC ships?

MSC left our embarkation photos on our bed. We immediately and simply wrote a no thank you and left them on our bed in the same place where they were found. These photos were taken away, and we were never charged. MSC DID NOT force photos or anything else onto us on any of the five MSC cruises that we have been on. My husband and I do not drink but, no matter where we went, we were always approached at least once to see if we wanted anything, and after that we were never bothered or hounded again at the same place.

The photographers were the only thing that was done so aggressively in my opinion, nothing else. We were at the White Party last week on Seaside and I was filming with my GoPro. This stupid photographer jumped into my camera view and stated "I just took pictures of your wife and children (which we didn't want) and you have to give me your room key card now" My room card was on me somewhere and I had to stop filming to find it. She totally interrupted my filming with her BS demands and it was rude. I have a digital camera on me and you can see I have a GoPro. I don't need your stupid pictures especially when I didn't ask for them. If anyone thinks what this pushy ship photographer was right and polite, you're wrong.

Thanks! If you think of anything else please keep us all posted! Really hoping they fix this slide armband issue before our cruise. But not holding my breath!
I read a post prior to boarding that mentioned to do this ASAP when you get onboard and the line was very reasonable

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Forums mobile app

And, if you have status on other lines, apply for the loyalty Match. If you're Black, You'll get Priority tickets for the tender. I left my pictures on the bed with a No, Thank You note on them and the steward took them away.

I stuck my pictures on the outside of the door when my wife said there were none she wanted with no problems.