When does reaching a new Captain's Club level take effect?

Atwell

Anyone have experience with reaching the next level "during" a cruise? We are 3 points from the next level, and will technically reach it after the first day of our next cruise. I figured I'd ask about it once on the ship (it would save us money to purchase the internet package with the bigger discount from the next level). Thanks for any insight.

Points are not awarded until you actually complete the cruise so you cannot move up a level while on a cruise. You cannot also get points for a cruise you paid for but could not go on, even if they got to keep all of your money.....

blue lobster, you can’t change levels during a cruise, only after a cruise (if you think about it EVERYBODY gets their final points needed for a new level during a cruise, some on their first day, some on another day). The points have to be recorded to get the new status, which normally takes a week.

In the case of the Back to Back passengers, the Captain’s Club personnel can expedite it so the new status can be enjoyed on the second cruise.

Thanks. I figured that was the case. I'm writing to the CC to see if they can bump us up before the cruise since we're already booked and paid for 2 more cruises this year. I'm sure they'll say no, but figured it didn't hurt to ask. Hopefully the cruise price will drop a lot within the next couple of weeks and then I'll upgrade to Go Best and not have to worry about the amenities.

WE were is a similar situation a couple of cruises ago needing only a few points to go from Select to Elite where the real perks start. We tried through the CC Host to get an early upgrade but the determination of status I am advised is determined by Miami who load the computers remotely which is why it sometimes takes a couple of days for OBC for example to show up on the onboard system. The suggestion if one is doing a B2B and a status is changed during cruise 1 of going and talking with the CC Host is a good one. The CC Host can ensure that the new seapass card is properly loaded with the new status and perks for cruise 2. Miami will catch up in due course