Whoa, Pixels Package price increase already?

nicole9s

I was just on Carnival's website and it looks looks the 2 unlimited pixels packages have gone up in price already, and not insignificantly? It looks like the 'Plus' package went from $199 to $249 and the 'Plus Digital' went from $249 to $399!?!

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5221/kw/Picture%20packages

I guess there was a good response at the lower price point so they thought why not make even more money off of it?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Crazy .. I was really on the fence about paying the $250 for our upcoming cruise for all the prints and digital pics, but I finally caved and bought it on Friday. Now I'm so happy I did because I am going to get my money's worth this time for sure because I can't see ever paying $400.

A 60% increase is pretty drastic, not sure how they justify that. We are not big picture people so I'll be passing on their packages, I'd prefer some pictures in port or just take some ourselves around the ship.

Edited by MBP1

The thing that stinks the most to me is that people are reporting they were offered all prints OR all digital with the plus package. I'd balked at buying anything because I didn't want strictly prints, and I thought the price on the digital package was too high.

The thing that stinks the most to me is that people are reporting they were offered all prints OR all digital with the plus package. I'd balked at buying anything because I didn't want strictly prints, and I thought the price on the digital package was too high.

It looks like that person purchased the 199.00 package, not the 250.00 package.

It looks like that person purchased the 199.00 package, not the 250.00 package.
yeah, had I known you could get digital images with the 199 package, I would have bought it when they first offered it. The way it's promoted by Carnival (the middle package) is all your prints, which I didn't want.

Wow, $150 more for just the USB when they previously wanted only $50 above the price of the Plus package to get the USB. I did just purchase the Plus package at the new $249 price point, still worth it for us as we normally spend nearly $400 on pictures. However an extra $150 for the USB to me is not worth it.

We just got off the Magic 4/7...our friends bought the $250 pkg precruise...got all their prints and the digitals loaded on a Carnival flashdrive...they took every pix they could during cruise...they had a lot of pix...all 8x10...

We purchased a few pix for us onboard (no pre-purchase)...1 8x10...2 5×7s with 4 wallets on each sheet...and 3 digital uploads...spent about $70-$75...I would not be interested in all the 8x10s in the pkg friends bought...she said she did not have choice with pkg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

yeah, had I known you could get digital images with the 199 package, I would have bought it when they first offered it. The way it's promoted by Carnival (the middle package) is all your prints, which I didn't want.

I got the plus package. Looking forward to not having to scan a ton of pictures. But I like having prints though too.