Captain's club/Crown & Anchor

Please forgive me if this has been answered before, I didn't come across it anywhere I looked,

I know status between the two loyalty programs are recognized, but can points also be earned? Would a 10 night sailing on Celebrity award 10 points to your C&A?

Please forgive me if this has been answered before, I didn't come across it anywhere I looked,

I know status between the two loyalty programs are recognized, but can points also be earned? Would a 10 night sailing on Celebrity award 10 points to your C&A?

No, points are not shared between the cruise lines. Just limited recognition of certain loyalty levels.

No, points are not shared between the cruise lines. Just limited recognition of certain loyalty levels.

Bob, I was looking at a Med. cruise in '19 on Celebrity. When I went thru the booking process it asks "you may be eligible for add'l discount". It asks for C&A #. Does Celebrity have a balcony discount aka RCL. If I apply for Cs loyalty # will I be able to get an equivalent discount. Am I making sense.

Bob, I was looking at a Med. cruise in '19 on Celebrity. When I went thru the booking process it asks "you may be eligible for add'l discount". It asks for C&A #. Does Celebrity have a balcony discount aka RCL. If I apply for Cs loyalty # will I be able to get an equivalent discount. Am I making sense.

There is no balcony discount on Celebrity per se, however there is some sort of free sub-category upgrade, so maybe that was why they wanted the number. I'm surprised the Celebrity website would ask for a C&A number, and not the Captain's Club number.:confused: Anyhow, the free sub-category discount would be like getting a D1 for the price of a D2.

There is no balcony discount on Celebrity per se, however there is some sort of free sub-category upgrade, so maybe that was why they wanted the number. I'm surprised the Celebrity website would ask for a C&A number, and not the Captain's Club number.:confused: Anyhow, the free sub-category discount would be like getting a D1 for the price of a D2.

Sorry, what I meant was the C&A equivalent or as you called it the Captain's Club #. Also, after the 1st couple of screens, Celebs. booking screen is different than RCL's.

We took some 2-3 cruises from NYC to Bermuda prior to becoming Celebrity. Wonder if they can dig up those records.

The X system does not automatically apply the 'free ' upgrade - you need to get your agent to speak to X and they have to manually reprice the booking.

As Bob says you get a 1 category upgrade within the category. So for your C3 pricing you will be berthed in a C2 category. You cannot jump categories..so if you are in a C1 you stay there - you do not move up.

X Elite equivalent only gives a 2 hr cocktail window but your roommate can also attend, irrespective of their status. There is some free wifi which can be used on a logon/logoff basis so not in one lump.

Aqua class gets it's own private dining room called Blu which is very nice indeed.

The way of calculating points/credits is very different based on the category of room booked too.

The X system does not automatically apply the 'free ' upgrade - you need to get your agent to speak to X and they have to manually reprice the booking.

As Bob says you get a 1 category upgrade within the category. So for your C3 pricing you will be berthed in a C2 category. You cannot jump categories..so if you are in a C1 you stay there - you do not move up.

X Elite equivalent only gives a 2 hr cocktail window but your roommate can also attend, irrespective of their status. There is some free wifi which can be used on a logon/logoff basis so not in one lump.

Aqua class gets it's own private dining room called Blu which is very nice indeed.

The way of calculating points/credits is very different based on the category of room booked too.

Thanks,