Refundable deposit option on RCI?

Hi everyone. I am planning to book a cruise for March 2019 on Allure of the Seas.

Last night I was getting an option for a refundable deposit, but today it's gone. I only started planning yesterday so I'm not sure what the normal practice is. We are 95% sure that the trip we have chosen works for us, and I would like to reserve it today before the BOGO 50% promotion ends tonight, but I don't love the idea of losing $750 if we need to make a change. Any insight on this from you experienced cruisers?

It's been 10 years since my last cruise so I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted with this again!

Thanks in advance.

And now that I just made my first post in 10 years, I see that I better update that avatar picture! Wow that was long ago.

Edited by irishgirl0525
Because my picture is old!

I noticed there was no refundable option this morning too. Was only looking at a balcony. There were no two options that popped up on the pricing. Be very careful. It's showing the non-refundable rate.

Could be the web site is not functioning properly. A call may be required to book refundable.

Thanks! So I'm not going crazy....I was looking at a balcony too.

I am booking with Chase Ultimate Rewards so I will have to call their travel department to book anyway so I can ask about this before booking anything. Yesterday the agent was quoting me the non-refundable rate and I never asked about the refundable rate. When I was looking on the RCI site last night I saw the options and felt it was worth it to pay the extra to have that flexibility, it wasn't a huge difference. But it's definitely not there now.

Thanks! So I'm not going crazy....I was looking at a balcony too.

I am booking with Chase Ultimate Rewards so I will have to call their travel department to book anyway so I can ask about this before booking anything. Yesterday the agent was quoting me the non-refundable rate and I never asked about the refundable rate. When I was looking on the RCI site last night I saw the options and felt it was worth it to pay the extra to have that flexibility, it wasn't a huge difference. But it's definitely not there now.

Also, as the time gets closer to your cruise and you are more sure of it, you can switch from refundable to non-refundable if that would save you money.

Why would you lose $750 if you made a change?

$750 is the minimum deposit. If it's non-refundable and we ended up changing our mind about going for some reason, or we had to pick a different date, I would lose it. (At least that is what I am assuming).

$750 is the minimum deposit. If it's non-refundable and we ended up changing our mind about going for some reason, or we had to pick a different date, I would lose it. (At least that is what I am assuming).

You'd lose $100 pp only. The rest a credit

You lose $100 per person.

The remainder of the deposit is refunded as a Future Cruise Credit.