Coral World St. Thomas

Has anyone been to Coral World in St.Thomas when they went there ? I have just recently came across this attraction and wondered if it was worth the time to go there, time permitting.... I would like to see this as it looks very interesting. On a map it shows only 22 minutes from Charlotte Amalie.

Thanks,David

Has anyone been to Coral World in St.Thomas when they went there ? I have just recently came across this attraction and wondered if it was worth the time to go there, time permitting.... I would like to see this as it looks very interesting. On a map it shows only 22 minutes from Charlotte Amalie.

Thanks,David

We love Coki Beach. Snorkeling is great there. Coral World is there and lots of people lot it. I would not do an excursion-just take the taxi/open air bus to Coki. No cost to get into the beach. Then you can pay to go into Coral World. The ride to Coki is not the prettiest, but the beach is fantastic. We are going again in Sept when on Allure

Went to Coral World about 2 years ago. Not worth the money. We waited about an hour for the rest of the people to arrive. The "submarine" does not go very far and you have to walk a good distance to reach it. (construction going on at that time so DK if entrance is at same place) Sub travels a short way. We saw very few fish. A diver disperses chum and some fish gather in a school. But we saw nothing at all like the photos advertising the excursion.

Our kids ages 16-21 did the helmet dive and the turtle experience at Coral World and loved it. It was nice to walk around the grounds. We took a cab to Cook Beach and did some snorkeling then walked to the end of the beach to Coral World. We spent about 2-3 hrs at both places. It was a very enjoyable day. I should also mention this was pre hurricane.

Edited by maryjaden
Adding info

Thanks,David

My family went to Coral World in 2014 I think.. lol... old age telling on me. My grandson loved it[emoji177] He enjoyed the touch tanks and seeing all the colorful animals. The huge turtles were awesome and going down under the water and seeing the different fish swim by was pretty cool also. At that time he was about 4-5 yrs old and was fascinated with the lizards that just walk up to your lunch tables snatching anything you might drop. He couldn’t stop giggling.

We had lunch there as they had several options and combos to choose from. Snacks and drinks were available too. If you go online they might still offer the discount coupon. We brought ours from home and they were accepted.

After a few hours there, we walked over to Coki Beach. There too food and drinks were available for purchase and reasonably priced umbrellas and chairs. Great day that we did on our own and would do it again. We have some nice memories and good photos. We used a car/van service at the port stop since we had a party of 8. It was inexpensive round trip fee and we were given a number to call if we wanted to return earlier than what was agreed upon when we were dropped off. The cost was less than ship excursion and we were back lonnnnng before all aboard call. We actually saw people running to make it back [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone for the info, I will look into planning to go there. There will be 4 of us, Myself the DW and BIL and SIL. Something different than just staying close by the port. We are not sailing until Nov '19 on Allure so I have a while to plan.

Check out www.godfreytours.com for St Thomas. I have taken his tour a couple when I go with someone that not been to St Thomas before. A great island tour.

Check out Cruise Critic - Port of Call- St Thomas

We did Godfrey. Great tour but you don't get too much time at Coki Beach and Coral World. If you just want to do coral world and Coki I would take a cab there.

My family went to Coral World in 2011. It was worth it. We did the Sea Lion Encounter, which provided us with wonderful lifetime memories. I have a friend on St. Thomas, and he recently reported that a more limited version of Coral World recently reopened after the hurricanes.

sealion.jpg.44fb81bee0a1f20b9f97b1d99ae48452.jpg

We have been to Coral World twice, both times on ship excursions. We greatly enjoyed it.

However, it suffered a lot of damage during the recent hurricane, so I would check their website re progress on restoration.

I would also compare prices of going independently vs ship tour. Admission seems high, for non-locals.

We were a bit disappointed with the semi-submersible the time that was included.

Overall, I do recommend it.