Lobster

cruiseagain2

Lobster isn't the be-all-end-all food. However, on a 7-night cruise, it's part of the experience to have it at least once!

For those complaining about the size, get a second one. It's no additional cost! I'll be adding a tail to my prime rib dinner.

Lobster is available at almost any supermarket in the U.S. The way some of you talk is the cruise ship is only place to get lobster.

While that's true, making lobster takes some work. Getting on a cruise, where we don't have to cook it, and it costs nothing extra adds a little luxury to life. It's not something I normally buy.

Lobster is available at almost any supermarket in the U.S. The way some of you talk is the cruise ship is only place to get lobster.

Burgers are also available at supermarkets, and they are one of the most common selections at restaurants.

What a horrible analogy. Did anyone mention burgers in this post, it's about lobster.

True this thread is about lobster but you did bring up the supermarket scenario and this is about cruise ships not supermarkets, correct? Not sure why the leap from lobster to hamburger is horrible while the leap from cruise ship to supermarket is not. :confused:

An analogy is a comparison in which an idea or a thing is compared to another thing that is quite different from it. So... bringing burgers into a discussion about lobster, when used as an analogy, is not only legit, it IS what an analogy is all about.

What I am saying, there seems to an obsession with not having lobster available on a cruise, like it's the only place you can get lobster

What I am saying is there is a ton of things on the boat you can get anywhere else. Doesn't make them any less coveted. If Guy's Burger Joint was to go away, there would be an uproar. Fear not, as they can be found at the grocery store.

Lobster has obtained a status of a "premium" entree on cruise ships. If you feel it is overrated, then that is fine. The grocery store argument is a strange one.