Seaside menus, food pics and daily planners from 4/14 Eastern cruise

OneParticularHarbour 71

Gluten free dessert of the day:

3e58adca7da4bde0bc0fe714c2a7ebd5.jpg

Some random drink photos:

Miami Vice:

b6fe1801917c794b90d26f6bf73339bb.jpg

Pina colada and Strong Bow (the Sports Bar has Strong Bow in bottles and on tap - the other bars seemed to only have Angry Orchard and only in bottles):

95e104ced87451ded91cbf90af42ad8c.jpg

Pizza:

a09864649bf672be9cbe7233b4250e97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be on my first cruise on the 5th of May. Could someone possibly explain what the asterisk against food choices means on the dinner menu?

The asterisk on the food was a public health warning about consuming raw or undercooked meat.

The asterisk on the drinks was for those that were not included in the classic drink plan.

Thanks for sharing the Venchi menus ! Everything looks and sounds fantastic ! So are you able to get all of the nonalcoholic beverages and treats with the vouchers that are a perk of the Fantastica experience ?

I didn’t ask about everything but we ordered milkshakes, cups of gelato, coffees and hot chocolate I believe and used the vouchers.

The asterisk on the food was a public health warning about consuming raw or undercooked meat.

The asterisk on the drinks was for those that were not included in the classic drink plan.

Thank you so much for answering my question - I can't wait now :D!

Thanks for sharing these! Regarding the Fun Pass, do recall how much those cost either per person or per cabin? The picture is a little too fuzzy to read the price when I download. Thanks so much.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Mattib this is how the fun card works. You purchase a set amount , let's say $100. They give you a bonus amount, so if you spent $100 they give you $160 in credit on the card. It's kinda like a prepaid charge card. You use this card for anyone in your cabin or even for anyone in another cabin on the various attractions requiring a fee. So let's say you have 5 adults going to the cinema . 5 times the $10 charge is $50. They would deduct that 50 from your card leaving a balance on the card of $110. So in essence you only need one fun pass for your entire group . If you run out of credits you can always buy another card at any value . Hope this helps !

And here are a few more menus and info:

Room service menu:

94bd9a64937f5202398e72bf5a4572a4.jpg

Pizza delivery menu:

66599ba99e3c23222dc04b48def177ca.jpg

Mini bar pricing:

1b74cf70ced7c859ebe689da60cfc5cc.jpg

be532d0207aba5e5d2dbb34408ff1bce.jpg

6d95f258b2cd7b9d677bdd20957ba185.jpg

Juices available at buffet at breakfast ( the pic might be a little dark - there was grapefruit, cranberry, pineapple and orange):

b51632d276a678a563e2747b5317d489.jpg

Thanks for sharing these! Regarding the Fun Pass, do recall how much those cost either per person or per cabin? The picture is a little too fuzzy to read the price when I download. Thanks so much.

Here is the pricing:

Funpass:

Buy 25.00, get 5.00 more free

Buy 50.00, get 15.00 more free

Buy 70.00, get 30.00 free

Buy 100.00, get 60 free

F1 simulator - 10.00

XD cinema - 10.00 adults, 8.00 kids

Bowling - 25.00 for 30 minutes, 45.00 for 1 hour, 2.00 shoe rental if needed

Zip line - 5.00 single ride, 20.00 length of cruise pass for the cabin

We bought the 70.00 funpass, so got 100.00 and ended up trying to use it all up late on the last night of the cruise, as were many other people. We just didn’t end up spending what we thought we would. The zip line was closed the first 2 sea days due to wind and the teen club took the teens to do the XD cinema a couple of times for free.

The XD cinema and bowling alley are closed from 6pm to 11pm due to the noise they cause in the dining room below. They open again from 11pm to 1am.

Also, I thought we would receive a separate card as a fun pass so when we purchased it we used my husband’s card cruise card to pay for it. After we purchased it we were told that the 100.00 fun pass was now on his cruise card and we needed to have his card when anyone wanted to use it. If I had known that ahead of time I would have used one of my son’s cards to purchase it so they wouldn’t need my husband to be there to use it. They ended up crediting it off of my husband ‘s card and then charging it to my son’s card.

Thanks for the Fun Pass info. For some reason I had thought that the Fun pass was an "all you can use" type package for the entertainment options listed. Now I understand its like a bonus for buying so many credits for the various activities. Much appreciated. Looking forward to trying out Seaside in July.

Thank you for posting all of the info and pics!!! One question please. Do they automatically give you ALL of the menu's (regular, gluten free, for a fee) or do you have to ask for them? Thank you again.

They give you the regular nightly menu - that one also includes a few for fee items. We had sent in a special form prior to the cruise which indicated my husband’s need for gluten free. The first night we had to ask for the gluten free menu, after that it was brought to him automatically.

They give you the regular nightly menu - that one also includes a few for fee items. We had sent in a special form prior to the cruise which indicated my husband’s need for gluten free. The first night we had to ask for the gluten free menu, after that it was brought to him automatically.

Thank you sooo much!

Questions about the dining experience on black card?...you get to choose three. So can I order a salad, soup and entree? Also can I go two nights if my husband and I both have a black card?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, we were told if we didn’t want dessert we could order another app.

It is my understanding that the dinner for two is now per cabin, not per black club member. We were 5 people (all black card) in two cabins so I wasn’t sure if only 4 of us would get the free dinner but they didn’t charge us for anything. We received this in each cabin:

02bfcdb2dbabcc9bf8e71cff77767a01.jpg

Edited by OneParticularHarbour 71

Yes, we were told if we didn’t want dessert we could order another app.

It is my understanding that the dinner for two is now per cabin, not per black club member. We were 5 people in two cabins so I wasn’t sure if only 4 of us would get the free dinner but they didn’t charge us for anything. We received this in each cabin:

02bfcdb2dbabcc9bf8e71cff77767a01.jpg

Ok. Good to know. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great to see all of these posts re activities and menus. How were you able to use the gluten free menu? Did you have to have all of your meals gluten free? Some of those selections looked more to my taste than the regular menu?

Great to see all of these posts re activities and menus. How were you able to use the gluten free menu? Did you have to have all of your meals gluten free? Some of those selections looked more to my taste than the regular menu?

My husband has to eat gluten free. The rest of us ate off the regular menus.

Prior to the cruise we had to send in a special needs form for him to MSC to request gluten free.

His order was taken and served each night by a manager and prepared in a separate kitchen. Our server took care of the rest of us. Because of this his food always came out separately and never at the same time as the rest of the table’s food. I appreciate the care they took with his food (he didn’t get sick all week) but I wish they could coordinate it better with the rest of the table. One of us seemed to always be sitting there with food in front of us getting cold while waiting for the other’s food to arrive.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the great menus and review, especially nice to see the gluten free menus as we are off on MSC Divina in a weeks time and my wife has coeliac. We have always found MSC really good for gluten free.

Can I ask, was your husband able to have any of the gelatos (gluten free?)

Thanks

Richard

Thanks for the great menus and review, especially nice to see the gluten free menus as we are off on MSC Divina in a weeks time and my wife has coeliac. We have always found MSC really good for gluten free.

Can I ask, was your husband able to have any of the gelatos (gluten free?)

Thanks

Richard

Hi,

Yes, he had the gelato a few times. I believe he had the vanilla and dark chocolate flavors and I think he had the strawberry sorbet as well. I don’t think he cared much for the vanilla. My favorite was the Gianduiotto though I don’t know if it was gluten free.

Hope you have a great cruise!

On the Black Card Free Dinner. If you pre reserve your specialty restaurant reservations, do you just bring the invitation with you or do you have to wait to make the reservation when on board?