Oasis and Port Canaveral

I just got off today, they did the lifeboat thing in Cozumel, a long drill. There were thunderstorms off the coast and in florida so might of been something to do with that and we noticed the seas choppy when getting off the ship and it was extremely windy! We also had some noro virus on board and extra RC crew coming aboard doing cleaning.

Noro...just the word makes me shudder. Hoping for a good healthy cruise next month! I planned on bringing a travel Lysol to spray cabin down with but will that even kill noro? I've read about the certain hand wipes/sanitizer that will and plan on bringing those too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

She already had her inspection February 11, 2018, she can't have another one in two months, she rated 95 on that last inspection. Maybe the CDC was on her due to the noro virus?

The Captain told us several times that Oasis was having a Coast Guard inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had three medical emergencies that I know of on board, in fact, we had to divert to Nassau the second sea day as a passenger had a serious medical issue since 8pm the first night, the seas were rough and it was very windy that night, but the ship handled it very well. Nobody was allowed to leave the ship, we were there to get the passenger off the ship due to medical issues but heard later on when the Captain announced the passenger was let off and decided to fly back home!

I do not feel there was a coast guard inspection, it was just done two months ago, I believe it had to do with passengers and crew becoming ill...and even if there was an inspection it makes no sense in having the ship turned the other way. I did not hear any announcement of this inspection, but it is possible they were running a crew inspection as they do time to time, but no sense why the ship was in the other way.

There wasn’t an announcement of the inspection but Captain Claus mentioned it at the top tier event and again at Captain’s Corner. Our stateroom attendant also told us they were expecting one. In any event they usually turn the ship around to run a lifeboat drill on the starboard side. Or maybe it was just to save a few minutes docking. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums