Cruising newbie questions

So we're going to transfer our RCCL booking to a TA. We have an option for one that basically offers a lot in groceries cash back and a TA that gives about 2/3 LESS in OBC compared to the grocery cash back. So here are my questions:

1) If we go through with the grocery place, do I have to go through them to make sure that my husband has what he needs for his CPAP machine, or do I email RCCL directly? Do they have enough knowledge to answer additional questions I have? We are considering trying to get a balcony for the 5 of us, but would I have to constantly call to have them price it out and check availability?

2) I booked a May 2019 cruise on Symphony for my family of 5 due to a deal of 30% each passenger. With Symphony being so new, is there any chance that the price will drop even a couple hundred?

3) Can anyone confirm that kids are now 1/2 the price of adults in specialty restaurants vs. a $10 flat fee? Are kids allowed in all of the specialty dining restaurants?

Thank you!

So we're going to transfer our RCCL booking to a TA. We have an option for one that basically offers a lot in groceries cash back and a TA that gives about 2/3 LESS in OBC compared to the grocery cash back. So here are my questions:

1) If we go through with the grocery place, do I have to go through them to make sure that my husband has what he needs for his CPAP machine, or do I email RCCL directly? Do they have enough knowledge to answer additional questions I have? We are considering trying to get a balcony for the 5 of us, but would I have to constantly call to have them price it out and check availability?

2) I booked a May 2019 cruise on Symphony for my family of 5 due to a deal of 30% each passenger. With Symphony being so new, is there any chance that the price will drop even a couple hundred?

3) Can anyone confirm that kids are now 1/2 the price of adults in specialty restaurants vs. a $10 flat fee? Are kids allowed in all of the specialty dining restaurants?

Thank you!

On Oasis class kids are 1/2 the price of adults for the specialty. I think that kids are still not allowed at Chefs table or special meals with wine pairings

This is from the fine print on our Symphony cruise.

Children between the ages of 0-5 are complimentary and ages 6-12 are half the adult price. Please reserve product for all guests who wish to dine. Adult price will be applied for all guests regardless of age; the difference between the adult price and child price will be refunded in the form of a refundable onboard credit (unless booked with non-refundable credit, in which case OBC will be non-refundable).

On Oasis class kids are 1/2 the price of adults for the specialty. I think that kids are still not allowed at Chefs table or special meals with wine pairings

This is from the fine print on our Symphony cruise.

Children between the ages of 0-5 are complimentary and ages 6-12 are half the adult price. Please reserve product for all guests who wish to dine. Adult price will be applied for all guests regardless of age; the difference between the adult price and child price will be refunded in the form of a refundable onboard credit (unless booked with non-refundable credit, in which case OBC will be non-refundable).

Maybe it was a special occasion, but we had two kids with us at Chef's Table on Oasis last summer.

Thank you both! 1 more question....until I think of others... ;-) If we do a dining package, then do we reserve the kids with us on the ship? The first night of our cruise will be our anniversary and since Adventure Ocean won't be open, we were going to treat the kids to a specialty restaurant with us. I think I'm just going to go with the TA I liked. We could def use the grocery money, but it's nice to have peace of mind this being our first cruise.

Thank you both! 1 more question....until I think of others... ;-) If we do a dining package, then do we reserve the kids with us on the ship? The first night of our cruise will be our anniversary and since Adventure Ocean won't be open, we were going to treat the kids to a specialty restaurant with us. I think I'm just going to go with the TA I liked. We could def use the grocery money, but it's nice to have peace of mind this being our first cruise.

That’s what I would do. Book the dining package for the 2 of you and once you get on board and make your reservations just add the kids to the first night.

My experience with specialty dining is book for all parties if you want the same reservation. Everybody is charged as adults and they'll adjust the price when you get the check. Unlike a table for 3 which can usually swat 4 or 5, a table for two may not be as flexible and may require waiting if a new table is required.

That’s what I would do. Book the dining package for the 2 of you and once you get on board and make your reservations just add the kids to the first night.

If they reserve a table of 2, they can’t expect a 6 top to be available.