driving map Juneau

kathyemma

Can anyone point me to a good driving map of Juneau? I have no clue how far apart things are in Juneau. We want to go to Mendenhall Glacier (we want to do a few of the trails), we are meeting a whale tour near Mendenahall at 430pm (or at the pier at 4pm), we would like to hit Alaskan Brewing Company, we would also like to drive around and see the town. We are in town from 10am to 10pm.

Lunch options...torn between Red Dog or Tracy's. Where are they located? Could we walk around mendenhall for a couple hours, grab lunch at whatever restaurant is closest, drive around for a bit, hit the brewing company for a quick beer, drive to whale tour, be back at the ship by 8. I assume there are things next to the ship we can do for an hour before we have to get back on board?

TIA

Kathy

The glacier is about 10 miles out of town. There are no restaurants real close. Some are within 3 miles or so in what we call the "Valley". All the rest are downtown. You don't want to drive around town. It is small and very walkable. Plus, there is street construction going on now and it is a bit of a mess downtown. There is also no where to park downtown--trust me on that. Tracy's and Red Dog are both downtown. Alaskan Brewery has a tasting room downtown, so also close to everything. Their brewery is about 5 miles of town. We also have a new distillery downtown that is very nice.