Prepurchase water prices doubled!

juliethecruiser

I'm on an Alaskan NB cruise in a few weeks and forgot to purchase my prepaid bottle water a few weeks ago. Went on today and the prices doubled or possibly even tripled! I guess I will be drinking out of the fountain, as I'm not paying nearly $2 a bottle. I can pay that price onboard IF I need a bottle water. Going today to buy one of those Brita filter sports bottles to take with me on the ship. I know the ships water is fine from the tap, it just seems to get a salty taste towards the end of the voyage, which was the main reason for buying a case or two ahead of time.

This will force us to bring our own water on board, unless their next step is to ban that as they’ve done on other lines.

Some itineraries are easier to do than others. Guess I will find out how much water costs in downtown London, is there a grocery store close to my hotel, take it back to the hotel and then the transfer to Southampton. What a pain!

Some itineraries it is easier to do than others. Guess I will find out how much water costs in downtown London to take back to my hotel and then the Princess transfer. What a pain!
Exactly. We never Rent-A-Car while we're in Port so loving around cases of water. Even small ones. Is a huge hassle. I was just getting on here to find out what other people were saying.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I'm on an Alaskan NB cruise in a few weeks and forgot to purchase my prepaid bottle water a few weeks ago. Went on today and the prices doubled or possibly even tripled! I guess I will be drinking out of the fountain, as I'm not paying nearly $2 a bottle. I can pay that price onboard IF I need a bottle water. Going today to buy one of those Brita filter sports bottles to take with me on the ship. I know the ships water is fine from the tap, it just seems to get a salty taste towards the end of the voyage, which was the main reason for buying a case or two ahead of time.
We pre-purchased water for the first time on our last cruise and it was so easy we said we always do it from now on. That was the first cruise that I didn't come off bloated. I drink a ton of water, close to a gallon a day. And I have no problem with drinking the ship's water from a safety aspect. Everyone always told me it would make me bloated. I just assumed it was the traveling. But I'm a Believer now and I don't want to go back. Although I do feel very guilty about all of the small water bottles in the garbage can. Typically at home I drink out of a refillable 1 liter bottle.

Wow that's a huge increase! No way I'm ordering any for our June cruise at that price. And as mentioned above, in some embarkation ports it isn't easy or even possible to buy your own water and bring it onboard. Hopefully their next step won't be to ban bringing any drinks onboard at all (like NCL).

We pre-purchased water for the first time on our last cruise and it was so easy we said we always do it from now on. That was the first cruise that I didn't come off bloated. I drink a ton of water, close to a gallon a day. And I have no problem with drinking the ship's water from a safety aspect. Everyone always told me it would make me bloated. I just assumed it was the traveling. But I'm a Believer now and I don't want to go back. Although I do feel very guilty about all of the small water bottles in the garbage can. Typically at home I drink out of a refillable 1 liter bottle.

Can't argue with your experience, but you will still be using the ship's water for cooked food, coffee, tea, etc.

We normally just bring a case of water on with us for the week. It is nice to order it and have it delivered to the stateroom but if the price has gone up that much, I have no issue dragging a case on with me.

Some ports are easier. San Pedro and FLL are definitely easy ones.

Hopefully their next step won't be to ban bringing any drinks onboard at all (like NCL).

Such a ban could seriously influence our cruising. The "nickel and dime" policies on NCL are one of the reasons we don't cruise them.

My recent cruise was the first time I've brought soda on board. I had 2 girls on board who wanted their sodas, and $160 (2 packages X 10 day cruise X $8 per day) just seemed ridiculous. Publix had the favorite on sale, so it cost something like $13 plus a couple of tips to bring on more than they used--we gave the leftovers to the crew. Tip to hotel shuttle driver for the transportation to grocery and to longshoreman at port. I know I can get a case of 24 waters at my local grocery for $3. Not about to pay the ship's prices.

OK, maybe it is silly when paying thousands for a cruise to worry about the cost of a soda package or water delivery, but that $160 could easily be an excursion or something else nice.

Gelato on coffee card-Gone

BOGO for $1-Gone

Water for $6.90-Gone

Guess they need to pay for the Ocean Medallion Problems, which IMHO should be-Gone.

I thought it was $7 bucks but couldn't believe they would nearly quadruple the price. Had no issue with paying $7 for 12 bottles but nearly $24? That's ridiculous!

Sending my email to Princess now. Not that it will matter but what the heck!

OUCH...that is one big increase....disappointing for sure....could it be an error....? Are bottles on the ship going p to $3????

The last few times I have talked to a Princess rep..they have put the sales pitch on to buy the water for the sailing I am calling on..what gives???

Probably for the best. We will bring on refillable bottles. Need to cut down on plastic bottles anyway. The ocean is filled with plastic garbage. Cruise lines should really lead the way in keeping the oceans clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And this will be their justification for jacking up the price.:)

OUCH...that is one big increase....disappointing for sure....could it be an error....? Are bottles on the ship going p to $3????

The last few times I have talked to a Princess rep..they have put the sales pitch on to buy the water for the sailing I am calling on..what gives???

I spoke with Princess last night. It is intentional - they said they were revamping the package. When I called, the old price was gone and no packages were listed. By the time I got off the phone, the new price was listed.

I mentioned it to my TA and that is exactly what she said "they always ask if I want to buy water when I call"..... I said it now costs quadruple the price!

Can't argue with your experience' date=' but you will still be using the ship's water for cooked food, coffee, tea, etc.[/quote']I'm aware.

But the almost one gallon of plain drinking water I drink a day is definitely more water than I absorb in two cups of coffee and cooked into pasta.