Pearl Harbor distance

calbred01

We will be on the Carnival Splendor in Jan. of 2019 and I really want to see Pearl Harbor BUT would prefer to do this on our own. Is Pearl Harbor within a walkable distance from where the Splendor docks? If not, what is the most economical (and easy) way to get there without taking a ships tour? And yes, I tried searching the threads but I came up with nothing about this specific question :halo:

We will be on the Carnival Splendor in Jan. of 2019 and I really want to see Pearl Harbor BUT would prefer to do this on our own. Is Pearl Harbor within a walkable distance from where the Splendor docks? If not, what is the most economical (and easy) way to get there without taking a ships tour? And yes, I tried searching the threads but I came up with nothing about this specific question :halo:

No its not within walking distance . The is one place I would take a ships tour to. Public tickets are taken very quickly in the morning. I'm not sure ut you might be albe to reserve ahead of time.

There is no discussion about walking, because it isn't walkable. But there are MANY threads that suggest taxi, Uber or TheBus as ways to get to Pearl.

I seem to remember reading about walking to the Memorial BUT with all the different cruise lines in Hawaii I did not know which one it pertained to and I could not find it again even after putting in several different search words for it. THAT is why I asked.:rolleyes:

There are only two piers that are used I’m Honolulu. Oath are two far to walk. Pearl Harbour is on the west side of the International Airport.

Thank you, this is very useful information. Trying to discover a good taxi company to prearrange transport from cruise terminal to Pearl Harbor and back again since there will be 6 of us!

Check with some company like Roberts of Hawaii or Viator for shuttle to Pearl Harb.

I have been in contact with Charley's (or Charly's) taxi. They will pick up directly from cruise terminal. Have you heard of them?

I have been in contact with Charley's (or Charly's) taxi. They will pick up directly from cruise terminal. Have you heard of them?

Not sure if it’s necessary to prebook a taxi when Uber and Lyft are more prevalent, generally have nicer cars and are actually cheaper in Honolulu. To each their own but it’s sort of an unnecessary step.

Not sure if it’s necessary to prebook a taxi when Uber and Lyft are more prevalent, generally have nicer cars and are actually cheaper in Honolulu. To each their own but it’s sort of an unnecessary step.

I only worry because we have 6 people and not sure how many Uber/Lyft drivers have larger vehicles to fit all of us. I have only seen cars that would fit a max of 5 people (and that was if we wanted to squish!)!

Just be aware that while you will be able to see most of the park (USS Missouri, USS Bowfin, submarine museum, PH exhibits, flight museum (which along with the Missouri are on Ford island and you have to take a bus to as it is on an active naval base) if you want to visit the Arizona memorial you will need a ticket. They make a batch avail about 60 days out, then another batch the day before and lastly one final batch the day of for walk ups. THEY GO VERY FAST. I was unable to find even a single ticket at 60 days and there was only a handful of singles slots they day before. (I got on line at exactly 6am the day before and got mine, they were all gone by 6:05). So if you have a group of 6 and want to actually visit the Arizona your bet bet might to actually use a ships tour.