Booking Back-To-Back Cruises on Different Cruise Lines

namaste1223

Would we be out of our minds to book back-to-back cruises...on two different cruise lines (one is NCL)?

The first cruise would return to NYC on a Friday at 7:30am. The second cruise would depart from NYC on the following day, a Saturday, at 4:00pm. Since we live in the suburbs, travel time to and from the cruise terminal is less than 45 minutes from our home.

I'm thinking that the only problem that might arise would be if unforeseen circumstances (like bad weather) delayed the first cruise from arriving back to NYC on time (we're talking about October).

Would you take a chance?

We just did a back to back on NCL followed by Carnival in February from Miami. We disembarked and re-embarked on the same day and the ships were at adjacent terminals.

It worked out great and I’d love to do it again.

We actually met a couple on the NCL cruise who were doing 4 back to back sailings and had just done two on the same Carnival ship that we were set to go on.

We packed two different suitcases. One for each cruise. After the first cruise we dropped off the first suitcase at our car and grabbed the second suitcase. That way we didn’t have to haul excess clothing onto each ship.

I read here on CC that someone did a B2B with the 1st leg returning to Miami and the 2nd leaving from Port Canaveral on the same morning (different cruise lines).

I did this 2 years ago. Got off the ship in Miami at 8am, was in PC by 11am ready to board and I would do it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I read here on CC that someone did a B2B with the 1st leg returning to Miami and the 2nd leaving from Port Canaveral on the same morning (different cruise lines).

We did this in 2016. Disembarked in Miami, caught a shuttle to Fort Lauderdale. It was easy and kind of nice to be on two different lines, except for the hassle of packing and unpacking.

We were going to use Uber, but getting off the ship there were people filling up shuttle buses right there to take people to the Ft. Lauderdale airport and they dropped them off and then took us on to the port--$15 pp.

Nebr.crusier do you remember what shuttle that was? We are actually trying to do just the opposite. We are looking at disembarking at FT Lauderdale and embarking in Miami. All the places I have talked to won’t go to the port only the airport.

Nebr.crusier do you remember what shuttle that was? We are actually trying to do just the opposite. We are looking at disembarking at FT Lauderdale and embarking in Miami. All the places I have talked to won’t go to the port only the airport.

Sorry, I don't. It may have been SAS, but not sure.

I imagine the difference is that the Fort Lauderdale airport is so close to the cruise port that the few extra miles was fine for them. It is much further from the Miami airport to the port.

In this case I would probably try Uber, or possibly something like SAS or a limo/car service. For Uber find out if the price will be higher due to high volume.

BTW, we did not have the shuttle arranged ahead of time, just got off the ship, was intending to call Uber, saw the shuttle people out getting customers, they agreed to take us to the airport for no extra cost. Took probably about an hour, including stopping at various spots at the airport to let off passengers.

Thank you, everyone for your encouraging replies. I guess the only thing I'm concerned about is since it's October and we'd leave from NY, bad weather might cause a delay and we'd miss the second departure. Just like with the airlines, since they're two different cruise lines and the reservations aren't linked, the second ship has no obligation to wait for the first in the event of a late return. Davy jones, I think you're correct that bad weather would probably delay both ships. I didn't even think about mechanical failure! In spite of this, I think we might go for it. It will be fun!

What other line are you looking at out of New York (I’m always looking at other options)?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were looking at a Disney cruise to Bermuda, followed by an NCL cruise up the east coast to Canada.

Although it's late in the season and so probably not an ideal time for Bermuda, we've already been there during peak season and thought this might be a good chance to try out a Disney cruise just to say we've had the experience. This is the first time Disney has offered a limited number of cruises (6) to Bermuda. I don't see any at all for 2019, so I wonder if this might be a "one and done" opportunity?

We went on a 10 day Canada cruise on NCL last October and loved it, so we're thinking of squeezing in another one this year.

Good luck with your plans!

We did this last winter and it was so fun! First week on Celebrity, second on Princess. Both were out of Ft. Lauderdale so Ubered to the new pier. We just looked for great prices in the Caribbean that ended and began on the same day. I'd do it again in a minute!