Accessibility Questions RE: Tender & Snorkeling/Beach

wsantelope

Hi! We are arriving on a Carnival cruise in June. I will be traveling with a mobility scooter. Ican stand and walk but not far or long.

First question: can the tender accommodate my portable scooter? I can step down into the tender.

Second question: I would like to find a nice beachvwith a nice place to snorkel. (need bathroom facilities with food not too far away. On site food is a plus) I have a husband and 15 year old son with me. If the place was super friendly for the mobility challenged I would bring my 80yo mom alomg. Also on a scooter, but not sure she can get into the tender. An anywhere we go would most likely need to be by taxi, which would also need to accommodate the scooter. It does break down into smaller sections. Maybe a van? Don't mind paying for something above average if it wasn't crazy expensive.

Would love recommendations. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Scooters may not be allowed on the tender. If you can use a wheelchair, and walk onto the tender, then no problem. Sometimes, if the scooter can be lifted and folded and you can walk a bit, you may make it on. If you can't walk at all, then you will stay on the ship in this port.

I can walk a little bit and for sure get down to the tender and up from it. I thought that even if you could do that, that motorized scooters were not allowed on the tenders by Carnval. My scooter does come apart and can fold up some but it's pretty cumbersome.