Teppanacky restaurant on the Getaway

compliance

Does anyone have experience of booking for a group in the Teppanacky restaurants?

We just booked for 11 at Teppanyaki on the Breakaway in March. I did call to make those reservations as the web site doesn’t allow reservations for that many. I believe they gave an email to make my specialty request. I also booked Cagney’s for 11 people at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tables are only for 8 people.

Teppanyaki :)

There are certainly Teppenyaki tables that take 10.

For example, on the Spirit (and similar) there is room for 10. On lships with a larger Teppenyaki room, from memory, most tables seat 8, but there are some that seat 10.

There are certainly Teppenyaki tables that take 10.

For example, on the Spirit (and similar) there is room for 10. On lships with a larger Teppenyaki room, from memory, most tables seat 8, but there are some that seat 10.

But they're asking about Getaway.

But they're asking about Getaway.

And I believe that there may be a table for 10 on the Getaway.

As I Said "On lships with a larger Teppenyaki room, from memory, most tables seat 8, but there are some that seat 10."

I will admit, however, that I wasn't thinking specifically about the Getaway, as I read the initial post, rather than the thread title.

And I believe that there may be a table for 10 on the Getaway.

As I Said "On lships with a larger Teppenyaki room, from memory, most tables seat 8, but there are some that seat 10."

I will admit, however, that I wasn't thinking specifically about the Getaway, as I read the initial post, rather than the thread title.

The title is a little distracting to me personally. :D

No, but we ate at Teppanyaki several times. ;p

It was good food but the portions are small and the options area bit limited.

small portions? seriously? we always leave stuffed. 2+ bowls of rice, salad, soup, chicken/steak combo, the veggies, and usually skip dessert.

I've eaten at Teppanayki numerous times and think the portions could be reduced because they are so large. Way too much of everything.

Small...are you kidding. My DH was served 16 scallops on Getaway and that was just the appetiser lol

He got lucky. Maybe the chef tough he was cute! ;p We had three people get the scallops and they did not get 16 between them all.

I’d say that it’s more likely you were unlucky.

We have eaten at Teppenyaki quite a few times, and I have never seen everyone eat all the food. If you go for one of the combinations then you will get, for example, a decent sized steak plus a chicken breast or about 8 shrimp each. Add that to all the rice and we certainly always leave full.

I get one of the steak combos. It was either steak and shrimp or steak and scallops.

There are four combos:

Yamato - Chicken and shrimp

Asuka - Fillet and shrimp

Kamakura - Fillet and chicken

Edo - Scallops and shrimp

That has been the combos on the menu every time I’ve been to Teppenyaki since they got rid of the Lobster a couple of years ago.

I get one of the steak combos. It was either steak and shrimp or steak and scallops.

There are four combos:

Yamato - Chicken and shrimp

Asuka - Fillet and shrimp

Kamakura - Fillet and chicken

Edo - Scallops and shrimp

That has been the combos on the menu every time I’ve been to Teppenyaki since they got rid of the Lobster a couple of years ago.

You can ask for a combo that isn't listed there. I asked on Escape a few months ago and they were happy to make me steak and scallops.

I was also ridiculously full afterwards though...and I'm by no means a skinny guy :P

Small portions? Have you eaten at the same place the rest of us have??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only way that is non-sense is if you believe facts are non-sense.

If it was a fact then you would have found at least one person who agrees with you. Everyone else seems to have a different view on this.

Your claim that the portion sizes are small in Teppenyaki is very clearly an opinion.

For what it is worth, in my opinion (and I’m not going to embarrass myself by claiming it is anything other than an opinion), Teppenyaki is second only to Moderno amongst the NCL restaurants as the one where I eat the most and leave feeling fullest.

Yes, some of that food is rice/starters (I’ve never had one of the desserts there), but then Ithere are also apps/sides/veg in the other places.

If we are excluding all those things then we are left, for example, comparing a steak in Le Bistro with a similar sized steak in Teppenyaki plus a chicken breast or shrimp (or even scallops). When I say it is my opinion that Teppenyaki offers more in that comparison, I would tentatively suggest that I may be moving towards the realm of fact (although, to be clear, I am still not actually claiming it as fact).

I do agree, by the way, about the lack of options (with regard to the starters/desserts, mains are fine in my opinion). I’m usually the only one from our family who eats more than a mouthful or so of the starters, and neither of the desserts appeal at all. I’d love a few more options there.