Sparkling water obsession...

I love sparkling water. I'm considering buying the soda package simply for the sparkling water. It was suggested to me today "why don't we just bring the Sodastream onboard and make sparkling water for you like we do at home". Never occurred to me but surely this is a prohibited item with the CO2 cartridge, right?

I'm like 90% sure the CO2 would be confiscated. It is not supposed to be shipped or transported by unofficial means, like USPS can't ship those cylinders. HAZMATS must be marked and transported accordingly.

CO2 is different than O2. O2 is medically necessary and I'm sure other canned gas would not be allowed on board. CO2 is a class 2 non-flammable compressed gas. Regardless of whether or not Royal might let you sail with it, the port authority might not.

Also, I am unsure how you are about your sparkling water. I like lots of bubbles and big bubbles. I like mineral sparkling water (perrier, Pelegrino etc). I don't like sparkling tap that is tepid.

The beverage package does include bottled sparkling water, not the pelegrino in the nice glass bottles, unless the bartender chooses to give you the glass bottle of pelegrino, which they aren't supposed to do. They're supposed to up-charge for the nicer sparkling water, but it is at their discretion if they don't. Be ware, if you ask for pelegrino, the bartender might charge you for it, because it is not included in the beverage packages. I was never charged for pelegrino, not yet at last.

The sparkling water that is included is some odd brand of filtered water and is not very bubbly, it's almost flat (aqua brand sparkling water apparently). It is rarely refrigerated, so it is tepid. The soda water from the gun was better, but the plastic bottled water was good when I needed sparkling water in the middle of the night.

I love sparking water. It helps with occasional dyspepsia which can happen on a cruise.

I have a soda stream machine at home and I love it.

Edited by Freethinker1602

I'm another sparkling water addict. I just buy the refresh package (I think that's what it's called) as I don't like flavored sparkling water and so I ask for the Pelligrino in the bottle at lunch, dinner and the bars. Sometimes I'll opt for sparkling/soda water w/ a shot of cranberry juice at the bar. For the package to pencil out financially (even at the on sale price) I have to drink a lot of bubbly water, which I do, and to have a cappuccino or two per day. Flavored sparkling water from the spigot at the machines doesn't appeal to me.

Another sparkling water addict here. I was astounded on our Anthem cruise in January when I asked for a large bottle of San Pellegrino with our dinner. We didn't have a beverage package and I was perfectly prepared to pay the usual fee. We were told, repeatedly, they didn't have San Pellegrino anywhere on the ship! The plastic bottle of tepid 'sparkling' water they presented instead was abysmal. I could have counted the bubbles on one hand. We were NOT happy!

Another sparkling water addict here. I was astounded on our Anthem cruise in January when I asked for a large bottle of San Pellegrino with our dinner. We didn't have a beverage package and I was perfectly prepared to pay the usual fee. We were told, repeatedly, they didn't have San Pellegrino anywhere on the ship! The plastic bottle of tepid 'sparkling' water they presented instead was abysmal. I could have counted the bubbles on one hand. We were NOT happy!

Unfortunately they can't carry every variety of Soda Pop and bottled waters. Wife and I been sailing Royal and waiting 30+ years for Mt Dew and Diet Dew...

I just became addicted to sparkling water on our Allure cruise last week. We had a Boardwalk balcony so it came with a soda package. Since I do not drink soda, I started drinking sparkling water. I would mix 2/3 unflavored to 1/3 flavored Dasani. (Orange was my preference)[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had cruised in December 2017 on Anthem... Guess I drank it all. JK hahaha. Just FYI they often have the big bottle in specialty restaurants like Wonderland, Chops or Jamie's... not the little half liter bottle but the big bottle larger than a liter. Also, they have the little bottles of Pelegrino at 270.

Unfortunately they can't carry every variety of Soda Pop and bottled waters. Wife and I been sailing Royal and waiting 30+ years for Mt Dew and Diet Dew...

Those are Pepsi products. RCCL is contracted with CocaCola.

Is any cruise line contracted with Pepsi?

I had cruised in December 2017 on Anthem... Guess I drank it all. JK hahaha. Just FYI they often have the big bottle in specialty restaurants like Wonderland, Chops or Jamie's... not the little half liter bottle but the big bottle larger than a liter. Also, they have the little bottles of Pelegrino at 270.

We asked at Wonderland and Jamie's, in the main dining room, and at 270. I'd have taken San Pellegrino in any size. Told over and over again they didn't have any.