Sale Away Balcony

Fishkillbill

basically any category ending in X. ( IX OX BX MX) are gty and no perks there are times based on inventory and how ship is sellling NCL will offer gty in other categories if that is what you are booking then you me the qualifications to get perks allowed for said category

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Try a mock booking for the June 30th sailing of the Bliss and you can pick your cabin in the MX mini-suite .

Yes, because MX category cabins actually DO exist and while they are available, you will get to "choose" one of them...still no perks, though.

basically any category ending in X. ( IX OX BX MX) are gty and no perks there are times based on inventory and how ship is sellling NCL will offer gty in other categories if that is what you are booking then you me the qualifications to get perks allowed for said category

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not true. See other example quoted. MX actually has cabins assigned to the category, and you get to select one...it only goes to guarantee once all those cabins are taken.

Read my edited reply. Semantics.

Edited? Pray tell why? :rolleyes:

You can try to dismiss it by calling it semantics, but in a world where the terms & conditions matter, so do the "semantics". For someone who posts about "Service Charges" vs "Gratuities" as much as you do, I'm surprised that you'd quickly resort to crying "semantics".

I ended up calling NCL and upgrading to the MX 8736 (which is the same as a M6 mini-suite with large balcony but with a slightly smaller aft facing angled balcony) from my original BD balcony cabin and since none of the free at sea perks interest us we ended up saving over $1000.00 compared to the M6 next to us.

I've done 5 guarantees with NCL and 1 Sale Away Rate. The Sale Away included the daily service charge and we got onboard credit (not sure why we got the credit, it just appeared on onboard account), the guarantees included nothing.

All 6 cabins were midship, high floor, good locations. They were all assigned within a couple of days of booking regardless of how far in advance I booked.

We don't have much preference regarding cabin location so it suits us to book guarantee.

We had an IE inside booked for our Epic cruise. About one week before final payment, the sailaway balconies came down to jusr $135 total more than what we paid for our inside. Knew we would lose our $50 OBC & 3 specialties, but decided to roll the dice and rebook. Mixed results. Wound up with a mid ship deck 8, which has a completely uncovered balcony and is just above the tenders. But it is a balcony, so I'm happy. We will be doing the Breakaway the following week in an angled balcony with our dinners and credits, so all is good.