A Redneck Review of a Caribbean Cruise: Reflection April 02-13, 2018

RedneckBob

Well, Red.. I'm a bit more soficated then you ! I was borned and still live in Georgia, but I gotta admit you are a LOT better of a shoveler (but then everybody is who's from Ala-bygod-bamy!) specially when it comes too truth AND football !. LOVE your takes on cruising AND our southern outlook on it.;p

Mac

Mac, I don't know if this is politically correct or allowed on cruise critic but what the heck, ROLL TIDE !

MDR Host: "Unfortunately, Sir, we have a forty-five minute wait OR you can sit next to Bob and His Missus right now".

Sir: "We would rather wait forty-five minutes. I've read about Bob on Cruise Critic". (Admins, this is satire)

:D:D:D:D:D:D!

Wait a minute, those smile can't be me, no teeth missing.

Ok, ha ha, and I would have removed my cap from Bass Pro Shop if y'all had sit next to me.

Mac, I don't know if this is politically correct or allowed on cruise critic but what the heck, ROLL TIDE !

LOL !! I was just thinking about saying RT at the end of my last response on your thread 'You might be a cruiseaholic if..' and here you are beatin me to the punch ! YOU sneaky RED shirted devil !:D

Mac

As a point of reference, I think I’ve seen grits in Royal Caribbean’s buffet. Of course since it’s not as hoity-toity as Celebrity, you would have to settle for a single-wide inside cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RNB - with all due respect...

We have enough pictures of food on this site.

We need more of your wit and wisdom, not more pictures.

Thanks EatonDoolittle.

I need to ask you a question concerning your remarks about photos of food. Before I start I am kinder old school; wear my baseball cap forward. If I wore it backwards it would be new school and worn it sideways, no school :eek:. Oh no, hope that dont get me band. Back to my question; oh forgot you need to know I don't tweet, snapchat, instragram or have facebook. Now there is this nice couple who was on our cruise who currently have a ongoing thread on this cruise. They have posted great photos of food plus menus and ship. But to date the thread is only though Day 2 of 11 and there must be over 200 photos posted. I have posted mostly on HAL and never seen this. Is this common on Celebrity ?

Thanks EatonDoolittle.

I need to ask you a question concerning your remarks about photos of food. Before I start I am kinder old school; wear my baseball cap forward. If I wore it backwards it would be new school and worn it sideways, no school :eek:. Oh no, hope that dont get me band. Back to my question; oh forgot you need to know I don't tweet, snapchat, instragram or have facebook. Now there is this nice couple who was on our cruise who currently have a ongoing thread on this cruise. They have posted great photos of food plus menus and ship. But to date the thread is only though Day 2 of 11 and there must be over 200 photos posted. I have posted mostly on HAL and never seen this. Is this common on Celebrity ?

I've been a fan since your HAL days and reviews. Don't know if taking photos of food and every other second of the day is a Celebrity thing or not, I believe it's more of the new school that you speak of.

They believe that if they do not get a picture of it, it did not happen.

Many folks today prefer to see life through a camera (phone) screen, rather than looking out and enjoying the whole thing.

To each there (sic) own - photos for those who love photos, and brilliant observations like yours for those who love brilliant observations.

I've been a fan since your HAL days and reviews. Don't know if taking photos of food and every other second of the day is a Celebrity thing or not, I believe it's more of the new school that you speak of.

They believe that if they do not get a picture of it, it did not happen.

Many folks today prefer to see life through a camera (phone) screen, rather than looking out and enjoying the whole thing.

To each there (sic) own - photos for those who love photos, and brilliant observations like yours for those who love brilliant observations.

What a great observation !

Several years ago, actually in 2010, I was on a South Pacific cruise and was at Rangiroa snorkeling. It was the best experience ever; snorkeling with thousands of fish, lemon & black tip sharks and an eel. My biggest problem; I had no camera. When I told my story to a friend on board and wish I had a camera she replied. "You have the memory of your experience in your mind and you will never forget what you saw". And she was right

PS: on our Reflection cruise I took a total of four (4) pictures! probably due to way too much cruising. Someone asked me one trip when was your first cruise. I replied it was on Holland America years ago and I could not remember if the ship was the Ninadam, Pintodam or Santa Mariadam :D

Your wit is priceless.

Thanks. I see it like I tell it, I mean tell it like I see it.

oneputt18, Great CC name. I guess you enjoy golf. I started playing at an early age. No courses in my area so had to use the farm land to create fairways and holes. No sand traps or water hazards; just meadow muffins :D

Thanks. I see it like I tell it, I mean tell it like I see it.

oneputt18, Great CC name. I guess you enjoy golf. I started playing at an early age. No courses in my area so had to use the farm land to create fairways and holes. No sand traps or water hazards; just meadow muffins :D

And, of course, free cow pie for dessert at the 19th hole.

My first Celebrity cruise last month, I ordered grits for room service breakfast. They served it to me in a big cereal bowl and the grits had the consistency of cream of wheat. They also thought I might need sugar as there were several packets provided. . Appreciated the effort but not quite. :D

War Eagle!

My first Celebrity cruise last month, I ordered grits for room service breakfast. They served it to me in a big cereal bowl and the grits had the consistency of cream of wheat. They also thought I might need sugar as there were several packets provided. . Appreciated the effort but not quite. :D

War Eagle!

Ditto

Edited by G&G
Delete post

War Eagle!

Sorry I missed the grits but it looks like I did not miss much. I prefer grits the consistency of mortar mix with butter and sprinkled with bacon. Yum Yum.

As far as your War Eagle, I pull for them year round except for one game.

Thanks for the great review, Bob. We just cruised ABC with some other ports (14-days total) on the Eclipse this past Feb., and wanted to go back to those islands again, so we booked this cruise on the Reflection for Jan. 2020.

I'm curious if you snorkeled in Bonaire with a ship excursion or take a private one.

Sue

Thanks for the great review, Bob. We just cruised ABC with some other ports (14-days total) on the Eclipse this past Feb., and wanted to go back to those islands again, so we booked this cruise on the Reflection for Jan. 2020.

I'm curious if you snorkeled in Bonaire with a ship excursion or take a private one.

Sue

Thanks Sue,

We have visited Bonaire twelve (12) times via cruise ships during the past +20 years. We have always gone to a beach or snorkeled. Bonaire has the best snorkeling anywhere in the Caribbean.

Best Private Tour: Woodwind, book on line, last I heard $55 pp for 3 hour sail & snorkel, they provide guide in water for every 5-6 snorkelers.

Best private or ship tour: Water taxi to Kleine Bonaire; $29 pp through ship (discounted) for 3 hrs; refreshments provided. Island has limited shade and no facilities. Best beach in Bonaire and best place in Caribbean to snorkel from beach. There is a reef 30 feet from beach were you drift snorkel. In April had best snorkel experience ever in Caribbean snorkeling with 1000 of fish along reef. You can find outside dock vendors selling water taxi; price ??

As a point of reference, I think I’ve seen grits in Royal Caribbean’s buffet. Of course since it’s not as hoity-toity as Celebrity, you would have to settle for a single-wide inside cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was on the Equinox this past Feb. They had grits on the buffet everyday :)

I want to thank all of y'all who responded to my thread with such kind and favorable remarks. Overall it was a great cruise and we are doing the same cruise on 11/26/18. But one thing I have noticed posting these threads over the past couple of years and I don't mean to be disrespectful but I have put on my Inspector Clouseau hat. Yes, I do know a little French :D. Even though I was raised in Alabama I went to this school that offered French starting in Grade 9. Took it for three years from same teacher, Monsieur Rene Leveque. Starting year 4 taking French, Monsieur Leveque came up to me in class and said, "Mr. Redneck Bob, you have been in my class for 3 years and you have learned nothing, I suggest you go take Latin". Well I be dogged. Bottom Line is I became real good with Roman Numerals. I guess I got sidetrack. Back to the Inspector Clouseau. I did some detective investigation and found that there are a few who I do not believe read my report. Does size, I mean numbers really matter :D. I guess to some it does. Don't ask me how I know but I got my eye on you.

Stay tune for my next Reflection Report, Part Deux, coming in December 2018.

I'm RedneckBob and I see it like I tell it, I mean tell it like I see it

Sue

Bob tired snorkeling but he discovered the bill of his baseball cap kept him from seeing much of anything, including the shark that was hovering overhead. He also had trouble getting his mask to seal due to his handlebar moustache. I heard he really tried, however, and was seen a number of times thrashing along. :D

Bob tired snorkeling but he discovered the bill of his baseball cap kept him from seeing much of anything, including the shark that was hovering overhead. He also had trouble getting his mask to seal due to his handlebar moustache. I heard he really tried, however, and was seen a number of times thrashing along. :D

"You talking to me. You talking to me."

For your information I do wear a hat while snorkeling not a baseball cap to cover my face from the sun and the three (3) hairs on my head. For your info I have a full beard and moustache but no handlebar and snorkel very well, thank you. For your info, three (3) years ago while snorkeling in Bora Bora I was approached by a six (6) foot lemon shark. I pointed by hand at the shark in the form of a gun and said, "Go ahead, make my Day"; at which time the shark turned around and left the area. RNB, "I'm out"