What is a fun excursion for Progresso?

vtovar

Seeing I'm a planner and this is my first cruise in trying to make sure we have our excursions planned so I can make sure we have the money saved for them. I was kind of wanting an all inclusive day resort something similar t ok Mr Sanchos, but we are open to other activities as well. Any thoughts or suggestions welcome. Thank you in advance.

bfa32d08742bc0c2fb25dd8b552d9c10.png

We have been to Progresso twice. Both times we have taken excursions to see the Mayan ruins. The first time, we went to Uxmal and the Hacienda stop, which we thought was wonderful, history and lunch was fantastic! The second time we were in Progresso we went to Chichen Itza. While more famous, the distraction of cheap made in japan/china fake Mexican art, cheapened this World Heritage Site. Go to Uxmal, be amazed. The waters by Progresso are not the clear Mexican blue/green water, but very chalkie (based on the soil which is lime) . Progresso (the city itself) is a great stop for seeing Mexico, but not a great stop to stay in Progresso.

have a great cruise, enjoy!

Go to Uxmal. By far the best Mayan Ruins tour we've ever done and by far more authentic than the way too commercialized Chichenitza. Take advantage of being on the main land because this tour takes too long when you're in Cozumel. You will not regret it.

My husband and I did a 5 day cruise out of NOLA for our first cruise, ours too also went to Pregresso. We went to see Chichen Itza. Yes, it's touristy, but it is one of the new 7 wonders of the world. I don't know why anyone would not want to see it at least once. The history is fascinating and the buildings, especially El Castillo was incredible to see. We felt it was worth going to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...