Upsell - help me decide!!!!

GeorgiaMomof4

Hey guys! Sorry I've not been back to let you know my decision but trying to get ready for a

cruise, a college graduation and a graduation party has me pretty busy.

WE DID IT! I really was wanting to save money that's why we did book 4 to a cabin, but I figure

this is probably a once in a lifetime thing and we are celebrating a milestone for our family. Whitney

(my daughter that is graduating) will be the very first in our family to graduate with a college degree.

Lindsey is right behind her, but still...this is worth celebrating!

I'm not telling Whitney nor Lindsey about the upsell to the Grand Suite, only my friend Donna knows

because I had to check with her since she had to pay her part of the upsell. I cannot wait to see the

look on their faces when they open the door to the cabin and see that it's a suite. I just don't know

how so many of you keep these kinds of secrets for so long...I almost spilled the beans several

times last night while Whitney was helping me paint our deck.

Now - I do need some help in figuring out a way that Donna and I can get to the cabin and do some

decorating before Whitney goes to the cabin. Lindsey can be in on it but give me some ideas on

what excuses Donna and I can use to get away from Whitney and Lindsey long enough to go

put up a few decorations for Whitney. I've already looked at Carnival's decorations and they have

NOTHING even closely related to graduation or congratulations!

I know some of you have some ideas so shoot them to me! One I was thinking about was getting

Lindsey to tell Whitney that she wanted to buy her her first celebratory drink and they sit at the

atrium bar or somewhere for a while and we could go on and do the decorating.

OK everyone - GO! I'm waiting for some wonderful ideas!

The ole y'all might want to stay here cause I need to go blow out the restroom works every time. Then Dona can just say I'll be right back I want to check on something after the two get their drinks at a bar. Congrats, my baby graduates from college this weekend too.

Hey guys! Sorry I've not been back to let you know my decision but trying to get ready for a

cruise, a college graduation and a graduation party has me pretty busy.

WE DID IT! I really was wanting to save money that's why we did book 4 to a cabin, but I figure

this is probably a once in a lifetime thing and we are celebrating a milestone for our family. Whitney

(my daughter that is graduating) will be the very first in our family to graduate with a college degree.

Lindsey is right behind her, but still...this is worth celebrating!

I'm not telling Whitney nor Lindsey about the upsell to the Grand Suite, only my friend Donna knows

because I had to check with her since she had to pay her part of the upsell. I cannot wait to see the

look on their faces when they open the door to the cabin and see that it's a suite. I just don't know

how so many of you keep these kinds of secrets for so long...I almost spilled the beans several

Now - I do need some help in figuring out a way that Donna and I can get to the cabin and do some

decorating before Whitney goes to the cabin. Lindsey can be in on it but give me some ideas on

what excuses Donna and I can use to get away from Whitney and Lindsey long enough to go

put up a few decorations for Whitney. I've already looked at Carnival's decorations and they have

NOTHING even closely related to graduation or congratulations!

I know some of you have some ideas so shoot them to me! One I was thinking about was getting

Lindsey to tell Whitney that she wanted to buy her her first celebratory drink and they sit at the

atrium bar or somewhere for a while and we could go on and do the decorating.

OK everyone - GO! I'm waiting for some wonderful ideas!

Congratulations! You do realize now, that younger sister might expect similar treatment when she graduates;)

Sisters getting a drink together on boarding sounds good, maybe suggest they explore the ship some or at least scope out the spa to take up some extra time. Since you have 4 to a room, you can have them check out the showers in the gym and see what you'd need to bring with you if some of you want to get ready there instead of in the room to help with crowding.

Enjoy!

The ole y'all might want to stay here cause I need to go blow out the restroom works every time. Then Dona can just say I'll be right back I want to check on something after the two get their drinks at a bar. Congrats, my baby graduates from college this weekend too.

LOL! That's a good one! Just might work - congratuations to your kiddo too. Whitney doesn't actually

graduate until we get back from the cruise. She graduates on May 12th - we are celebrating early!

Congratulations! You do realize now, that younger sister might expect similar treatment when she graduates;)

Sisters getting a drink together on boarding sounds good, maybe suggest they explore the ship some or at least scope out the spa to take up some extra time. Since you have 4 to a room, you can have them check out the showers in the gym and see what you'd need to bring with you if some of you want to get ready there instead of in the room to help with crowding.

Enjoy!

You may be right - but younger sister is getting to come on this cruise and I have a feeling she is going to

want a different kind of trip for her graduation. She is a city girl and will probably want to go to New York

or somewhere and not cruise! I guess if we cruise it will be up to the Upsell God's as to whether she gets a

suite for her graduation cruise or not.

Good suggestion about the spa and the showers - hadn't thought of that one!

Congrats on your upsell!!! That's awesome and so exciting for all of you! There is going to be so much going on during that first day that you will totally be able to get away from the girls. The suggestions of a drink at the bar, or checking out the spa are both great. They could go to Lido and see if the pool is open or what kind of food they have for lunch? They could check out the serenity area, or go grab a coffee from the coffee bar. If you have Lindsey in on it, she will totally go along with the flow and will be easier to sway Whitney into going with her sister. So many places those two could go. Just tell them you will call them or find them in a few minutes. Don't let them know you are going to the room, that way she will think that you are all walking in together to see the room at the same time. How fun! It's going to be a great trip!

Oh I also wanted to add that because you upgraded to the Grand Suite, you now have priority embarkation. So you can be among the first people on the ship. That, plus if at check-in if they mention anything to you about the suite...she might hear it and the cover will be blown. Also, I don't know if it will say it on the luggage tags or not. Just be prepared that she might figure it out ahead of time. Maybe you should tell Lindsey about the whole plan that way she can kind of keep Whitney occupied during the whole check in process enough to where she doesn't suspect anything?

GeorgiaMom, fellow Georgian here. Congrats on your daughters graduation. I know you must be so proud!!

We are sailing on the Liberty in a few weeks and will be in an Ocean Suite. The luggage tags don't have anything identifying on them, but the boarding pass do say Suite in the upper right-hand corner under Category. So, unless you can keep those from her, she might notice it there. I assume it will be the same for the boarding passes on all ships. Don't know if you can handle all the paperwork for the group or if Carnival wants each person to present their own boarding pass along with their id. Haven't tried to work around that type of surprise.

Hope you have a fabulous time!!

GeorgiaMom, fellow Georgian here. Congrats on your daughters graduation. I know you must be so proud!!

We are sailing on the Liberty in a few weeks and will be in an Ocean Suite. The luggage tags don't have anything identifying on them, but the boarding pass do say Suite in the upper right-hand corner under Category. So, unless you can keep those from her, she might notice it there. I assume it will be the same for the boarding passes on all ships. Don't know if you can handle all the paperwork for the group or if Carnival wants each person to present their own boarding pass along with their id. Haven't tried to work around that type of surprise.

Hope you have a fabulous time!!

[not sarcasm, just for the record :) ]

White out? Wouldn't hold up to extended scrutiny, but if Mom hands her the bp just a few minutes before they board?

[not sarcasm, just for the record :) ]

White out? Wouldn't hold up to extended scrutiny, but if Mom hands her the bp just a few minutes before they board?

I actually thought about that, too. Or, if she has access to a program that can edit a PDF and can mark out the word. Heck, even tape a small piece of paper over the word and make a color copy. Any of those would work. Just not sure how Carnival would feel about that. Is that considered tampering with the boarding pass? I guess Mom could always have a 'good' version in her file in case it was questioned.

Gonna jump in here with a comment about the boarding passes & id's - when my DH and I cruise, I have both passes & passports when we check in & I just pass them over without him ever touching his. If I'm not mistaken with Carnival, you keep out your passport to show on the way to the ship (at least that's what I recall). If you hang on to all the boarding passes, it should be easy for you to slip that past her!

The luggage tags don't say "suite" but will have the cabin number - if she sees that ahead of time & looks at the deck plan, she could figure it out.

I hope the surprise works!! Have a great cruise!!

Congrats on your upsell!!! That's awesome and so exciting for all of you! There is going to be so much going on during that first day that you will totally be able to get away from the girls. The suggestions of a drink at the bar, or checking out the spa are both great. They could go to Lido and see if the pool is open or what kind of food they have for lunch? They could check out the serenity area, or go grab a coffee from the coffee bar. If you have Lindsey in on it, she will totally go along with the flow and will be easier to sway Whitney into going with her sister. So many places those two could go. Just tell them you will call them or find them in a few minutes. Don't let them know you are going to the room, that way she will think that you are all walking in together to see the room at the same time. How fun! It's going to be a great trip!

Thanks so much! I am very excited about this surprise for her. Whitney is a great kid (well young lady now) and has sacrificed a lot to get where she is. She enrolled at Kennesaw State College about 1 hour away from home and in December of her Freshman year her Dad had a heart attack and some related complications and was never able to

go back to work. She finished her Freshman year but then decided to move back home and commute and do online

classes so she could be home and help out with her younger siblings. (We are foster parents and she and Lindsey

are our biological kiddos and the other 4 - I need to change my screen name-lol have been adopted through foster care).

In doing this, it put her behind and when she finally changed to Dalton State there were some classes that didn't transfer so it's taken her an extra year to earn her History Education degree. But, she was steadfast and is graduating

with high honors!

I'm definitely going to have Lindsey in on the room decorating bit - hoping I don't have to tell her about the suite

either and I'm sure she will come up with something to keep Whitney occupied.

I've printed our boarding passes and they do say "suite" on them so I've decided I will hold all our passes or I will

white out suite on theirs and just make a black and white copy for them!

I just don't know

I upgraded us to the Haven on NCL a few years back because we were taken a European trip although I paid far more than $600 for this upgrade but I have not regretted it to this day ... Now I will likely never do the Haven again because of the price but it was totally worth it for that trip and to have that experience - I also kept it a secret until we arrived at the port and then when we were waiting I told my husband I was just going to use the empty line which was the Haven line and he was like no you can't do that and of course he figured it out then that I did something ... It was amazing seeing the kids faces and his as they saw everything

What a fantastic surprise! When I was dating my now husband, I got an unexpected bonus at work and decided to use it to upgrade us from our Oceanview cabin to a balcony. It was our first vacation today and I wanted it to be extra special. I kept it a secret for SO long with intentions of him not finding out until we walked in the cabin the first day of our cruise. But at the time, we were keeping our finances and stuff separate still and didn't even live together. So he went into My Cruise Manager one day to complete on-line check-in and add in his credit card info. I had planned on offering to do it all for him, but he beat me to the punch. When he logged in and saw our cabin assignment, he called me in a panic thinking there was some kind of mistake. So at that point, I had to confess my little secret. In the end he was still surprised when he did find out and it gave him something extra to look forward to. We're coming up on cruise number 6 together now and we've never had anything but a balcony since! We're hooked!

Thanks so much! I am very excited about this surprise for her. Whitney is a great kid (well young lady now) and has sacrificed a lot to get where she is. She enrolled at Kennesaw State College about 1 hour away from home and in December of her Freshman year her Dad had a heart attack and some related complications and was never able to

go back to work. She finished her Freshman year but then decided to move back home and commute and do online

classes so she could be home and help out with her younger siblings. (We are foster parents and she and Lindsey

are our biological kiddos and the other 4 - I need to change my screen name-lol have been adopted through foster care).

In doing this, it put her behind and when she finally changed to Dalton State there were some classes that didn't transfer so it's taken her an extra year to earn her History Education degree. But, she was steadfast and is graduating

with high honors!

I'm definitely going to have Lindsey in on the room decorating bit - hoping I don't have to tell her about the suite

either and I'm sure she will come up with something to keep Whitney occupied.

I've printed our boarding passes and they do say "suite" on them so I've decided I will hold all our passes or I will

white out suite on theirs and just make a black and white copy for them!

Great idea!!! White out their copies but keep the originals with you just in case!! Please report back to us about how surprised they were! This sounds like so much fun! I know you guys will have a blast!! Congrats to Whitney! She sounds awesome!! This will be a trip you won't forget!! Enjoy!