Solarium bistro on Symphony

Hi!

How does the Solarium bistro work on Symphony? How is the food and are kids allowed to eat there? I know there is a age limit for hanging out in solarium otherwise. One of the reviews stated you need reservations for eating there. Is it both for dinner and lunch?

Any information is appreciated. We are leaving on Sunday. Excited! :)

Hello!

From what I’ve gathered the Solarium Bistro works pretty similarly to the Windjammer in the sense that in opens for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. I do believe they offer a slightly different variety of food, with a healthier, Mediterranean feel, as well as the usual fare. You can make reservations for dinnertime and kids can also eat there anytime of day.

Hope this helps, have the best time! We’re on board in June [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We visited the Solarium Bistro at some stage for breakfast, lunch and dinner on our recent cruise. We made a reservation for our first dinner but were able to walk-up later in the week. At dinner you are shown to a table, cutlery already present and drinks orders are taken by your server. Other than that it's a really nice buffet, soups, pasta station, salads, dips, fish, meat and vegetables.

Lunch was laid back, with people wandering in from the solarium itself.

Breakfast was fairly manic when we visited with not many seats to be had but we sat a the bar in the solarium which was good to get away from the chaos.

We saw families dining in the evening too so that shouldn't be an issue.

Eggs, turkey bacon, oatmeal, etc. Like a mini Windjammer.

That sounds good enough for me for breakfast. I find the Windjammer too stressful in the morning trying to find seats. The Solarium gives another option.

If the Solarium Bistro on Symphony is anything like the one on Harmony it will be excellent we ate most breakfasts and lunches there plus the occasional evening meal.

We loved the Solarium bistro on Harmony, also. Good food with fairly quick service. I felt it was a lighter [healthier] meal. However, there was plenty of food on the buffet if you wanted it to be more.

All sounds good for the Solarium for breakfast. I like toast or muffins and something hot for breakfast but I'm such a pig I have to have a bit of everything in the Windjammer and eat far too much, so more limited choice in the Solarium will rein me in!