Hotel recommendation in Paris

need2travel1

Hi All,

My husband & I are on Uniworld's Paris & Normandy cruise this summer. We're coming in 2 nights early & our "Go To" hotel in Paris (the Hotel du Louvre) is under refurbishment until September. Has anyone ever stayed at the Hotel Regina Louvre? It's rated well on tripadvisor but thought I'd check here with my fellow river cruise lovers just in case before I book it. Our other thought is the Hotel da Vinci-got that from ACWMOM's cruise review.

Thanks in advance!

Well, I was going to recommend the Hotel Da Vinci, but you've already seen that recommendation:-) Seriously, it's a great hotel, in a great location, and the staff really take care of you.

Robin

Stayed at the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel for 3 nights pre-cruise in March. We were able to reserve a Premium Eiffel Tower View room and the view was incredible. (Room 55) The breakfast was great (mention that you heard about the hotel through Rick Steve's travel book and your breakfast is included.) and the service awesome. Most hotel rooms in Paris are small so be prepared. Have a great time!!

We loved the Hotel Vernueil- St Germaine. A boutique hotel that treats you like family. Off of Rue Jacob. Lovely breakfast served and walking distance to several wonderful but not touristy cafes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to let you know that the NOVOTEL TOUR EIFFEL HOTEL at 61 Quai de Grenelle is literally across the street from where the Joie de Vivre is docked. I could see it right from my window. I walked over and went inside and it looked pretty decent and there is a taxi stand in front and the Bir Hakeim metro (line 6) down the street. If I didn’t know any better, I bet you could get one of the guys from the ship to walk over and help you get your luggage but don’t quote me on this!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We loved Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais. It's a tiny boutique hotel in the Marais district. Great shops and cafes nearby and the hotel staff were lovely. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Not super ritzy but definitely Parisian.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d188745-Reviews-Hotel_Caron_de_Beaumarchais-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

I enjoyed the St James Chateau and Relaix for being out of town but still <2-3 minutes walk to the Metro. Service at the hotel was also phenomenal although the chateau styled unique rooms may not be to everyone's taste.